Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wickham recalled by Sunderland

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Ulloa is not worth 5 million.

we would be lucky to get half that.

Yes he is. Ulloa is quality and could easily play in the premier league. I would not take less than £5m for him. Especially given the inflated price that good strikers always command. Given a full season he is worth 20+goals in the championship and I'd reckon at least 15 in the premier league, so he would be an absolute steal at under £5million in my view.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just asked a Sunderland fan I work with with about this. He seems to think there's no way they'd let Wickham go permanently, maybe on loan, and that he's only been recalled because of an injury to Fletcher.

This seems to be the most plausible reason.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I have a feeling that at least two out of Bridcutt, Buckley and Ulloa won't be here in a week's time.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The fact that other clubs have previously bid for Buckley & Ulloa and there is plenty of interest in all 3; Sunderland would have to make a very appetising bid for us to see them all in 1 go. We'd get more selling each separately.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sheffield has it's own paper the Star, so the Yorkshire Post wouldn't get first hand knowledge.

I don't see why any respectable editor with their ear to the ground wouldn't be just as likely to pick up on these sort of rumours as the Sheffield paper.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Ulloa is not worth 5 million.

we would be lucky to get half that.

Agree, some excitable valuations on here seem to half the value of a possible target while doubling that of our own players

FWIW I'd value Wickham c.£5/6 m, Bridcutt £3/+.5 m, Buckley £2 m, Ulloa £3/+.5m ... would be quite happy if a swap were on the cards with £3.5 m coming our way. A long shot though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have a feeling that at least two out of Bridcutt, Buckley and Ulloa won't be here in a week's time.

I suspect you're probably correct in that hunch.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Posted on Owlstalk

Yeah that's a shout to be fair Mark, isn't Mackail-Smith out for a while, and they recently sold Barnes to Burnley didn't they? God I would be gutted if them tw@ts got him. Fookin hate Brighton.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Please not Leo :(

I will always thank Gus for what he did for the club but trying to sign 3 if our best players in January it's quite disrespectful in all honesty.

Spot on. He's annoying me now!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't see why any respectable editor with their ear to the ground wouldn't be just as likely to pick up on these sort of rumours as the Sheffield paper.

The Yorkshire Post isn't bothered by South Yorkshire when it's Leeds based.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Posted on Owlstalk

Yeah that's a shout to be fair Mark, isn't Mackail-Smith out for a while, and they recently sold Barnes to Burnley didn't they? God I would be gutted if them tw@ts got him. Fookin hate Brighton.

Someone who can be bothered please tell them the feeling is mutual.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Spot on. He's annoying me now!

its called good business
3or4m =Wickham and them getting Bridders,Buckers and Leo
gives us some in the bank to spend on others players or just keep in the bank and get a class player who can it seems score at will in a very mid-table team
and if we could get Conway with some of that cash imagine to goals he could score:goal:

Jimmy Grimble

As an aside, Wednesday :)lolol:) have had a bid rejected for Fryatt.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I will always thank Gus for what he did for the club but trying to sign 3 if our best players in January it's quite disrespectful in all honesty.

Disrespectful, or just doing his job?

Personally, I go for the latter.

Whenever we get a new manager, we are ALWAYS trawling through their former club(s) to try and identify who they will go back and get. So, why are so many people surprised when it happens the other way round?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here