Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No home game for 28 days, then four in 14

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I see that has worked out because of our FA Cup game away to Vale, and a home tie in the fifth round, but it surely will impact on the casual fan, just after Xmas. Can't see a big gate for the winnable game v Hull ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Au contraire. My guess is the number of people who pay game by game is actually quite low so simple supply/demand theory suggests that if the Hull game is priced attractively it will draw in more punters than the league games.

Season ticket holders get the other three games for free so, again, a well-priced Hull game should see most forking out for it.

I reckon we'll exceed 25,000 for the Cup game.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Au contraire. My guess is the number of people who pay game by game is actually quite low so simple supply/demand theory suggests that if the Hull game is priced attractively it will draw in more punters than the league games.

Season ticket holders get the other three games for free so, again, a well-priced Hull game should see most forking out for it.

i agree with this I reckon we'll exceed 25,000 for the Cup game. and that depends on how much the club charge for that to get a full house

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If the club price it right then i expect a big crowd. It may just be Hull but its also the 5th round of the cup and a chance to make the last 8. Can see people getting involved in a bit of FA cup feaver. Home advantage against mid table premiership sides in the cup over recent years has proved an advantage.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

You don't really mean this do you, or does Bozza and the season ticket holders he knows inhabit some parallel world to me?
Agree that we'll get a good turnout, provided it's not a Friday night game.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
You don't really mean this do you, or does Bozza and the season ticket holders he knows inhabit some parallel world to me?
Agree that we'll get a good turnout, provided it's not a Friday night game.

I reckon we would have a similar turn out even if it is a Friday night game (which I hope it is).

Friday night games are generally a good laugh and I know many people from work who head along and make a night out of it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Day time and I'll go, evening and I won't. I'm sure there are others who will be the same.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I see that has worked out because of our FA Cup game away to Vale, and a home tie in the fifth round, but it surely will impact on the casual fan, just after Xmas. Can't see a big gate for the winnable game v Hull ???

You think we have it bad, compare it to the women's team. They are on a run of seven consecutive home games, after that they have 6 games away out of the remaining seven. Now that is ridiculous scheduling.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We got over 20k for Reading, ok I know it was a bargain, but I wonder how many of those 20k were non STH's and first timers who may have got the bug. Reading must also have been within 5% of the actual attendance. Can't see that may Hull fans coming although I'd like to think they will challenge our Port Vale attendance. I will be disappointed if we get under 25k.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You're quite correct, of course.

I meant that season ticket holders will not be having to hand over cold hard cash at that time to attend the other 3 games.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You're quite correct, of course.

I meant that season ticket holders will not be having to hand over cold hard cash at that time to attend the other 3 games.

I know what you mean in that it doesn't make any difference when the fixtures fall for ST holders in terms of tickets, as they have already bought there's for the season. On the other hand, they still have to fork out for travel and other expenses - so concentrated home fixtures might still be difficult financially (esp as they will have to purchase Hull tickets).

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If the club price it right then i expect a big crowd. It may just be Hull but its also the 5th round of the cup and a chance to make the last 8. Can see people getting involved in a bit of FA cup feaver. Home advantage against mid table premiership sides in the cup over recent years has proved an advantage.

Is that a variation of Cup or Beaver fever?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I know what you mean in that it doesn't make any difference when the fixtures fall for ST holders in terms of tickets, as they have already bought there's for the season. On the other hand, they still have to fork out for travel and other expenses - so concentrated home fixtures might still be difficult financially (esp as they will have to purchase Hull tickets).

Not to mention negotiations for a number of us with partners/families to write off 3 consecutive Saturdays (and 4 out of 5 if you include Reading 2 weeks later)!

And the fact there wont have been a home game for the previous 28 days wont be a valid excuse in my house!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Didn't we have a similar situation last season? Seem to recall a period in, if memory serves, the Autumn when we didn't have a home game for about five or six weeks. Definitely recall it seemed like a bloomin' LIFETIME

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath

I reckon we'll exceed 25,000 for the Cup game.[/QUOTE

]don't forget if we keep winning the league games we will get some fair weather fans coming out of the woodwork like the 40,000 at the FA cup final replay.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Didn't we have a similar situation last season? Seem to recall a period in, if memory serves, the Autumn when we didn't have a home game for about five or six weeks. Definitely recall it seemed like a bloomin' LIFETIME

The international break didn't help.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Indeed. This is one of the occasions when the 'pretendance' figure they use nowadays is actually useful. If a league crowd is announced as being, say, 27,000 and you deduct STHs and away fans then you end up with the total number of Brighton fans who've paid for that single match - and even then the pretendance probably includes all the freebies the club dish out. There's not that many 'pay-by-match' attendees any more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here