Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Movie remakes that shouldn't have happened..

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Miracle on 34th Street.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Italian Job.

I think you pretty much have the winner by a country mile anyway, but i will chuck in The Wicker Man.What was a terrifying teenagers wet dream of a film was reduced to bollox because Americans dont know sh#t about sh#t.

Due to my time traveling capabilities though i am able to tell everyone that the remake of The Dambusters (yes they eventually got round to it) was shocking beyond belief.......please do not go and watch it.
Daniel Radcliffe as Sir Barnes Wallis was just plain :censored: stupid. :whistle:

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
I agree with The Wicker Man and I raise you Halloween.
Rob Zombie's ridiculous, unnecessary abomination, that lacked the finesse of the original.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
thread inspried by Robocop trailers?

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Although I don't hold with the American love of remaking foreign language films because Americans won't read subtitles they didn't do too bad a job with Let the right one in.

But if you're after gash then the English/French remake of The Bridge takes some beating.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
The excellent 'Manhunter' remade as 'Red Dragon'.

33246814.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Father of The Bride.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Italian Job.

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I'd much rather watch the original, Swedish version with subtitles (the dvd has Engish dubbing), than Daniel Craig's copycat one, in English..

..Others?

Totally agree on both counts - all three of the Swedish Girl with the Dragon tattoo films (can't remember the titles of the other two) were brilliant.

Also totally 100% with post#2 - The taking of Pelham 123 with Walter Matthau and a chilling Robert Shaw was superb - why Bother.

And a new one - The Ladykillers.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
99.5% of them. Those that warrant praise are The Thing (82, not the awful re-re-make) and The Thomas Crown Affair. The rest are cash cows.
There's one more I've forgotten I think.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Agree about Get Carter and The Italian Job however, thought Pelham 123 remake was a good film (as was the original) and also thought Dragon Tattoo was a good film. Might not have been as good as the original but was still a good film.

Others though:-
Alfie
12 Angry Men (although admittedly a tv movie)
Fame
Footloose

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here