Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's great to dream

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Good draw for the 5th round.....just imagine a championship team in 6th round
Win that and the semi final..still get to Wembley..... Win that and play Arsenal/Man City/Chelsea in final...lose and get into Europe...simples

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Win that and the semi final..still get to Wembley..... Win that and play Arsenal/Man City/Chelsea in final...lose and get into Europe...simples

you make it sound simple......but i like it....alot.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

You know, it's a crazy idea, but it just might work

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not that much of a dream really. Half the Prem are going to be knocking each other out this round. SOMEBODY's got to make up the numbers in the final and it's only a couple of games away.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We beat Hull and draw the winner of Sheff Wed/Charlton at home. Man City/Chelsea & Arsenal/Liverpool winners draw each other in 6th round. Semi final line up Brighton v Swansea and Liverpool v Southampton.......Brighton v Southampton final.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We beat Hull and draw the winner of Sheff Wed/Charlton at home. Man City/Chelsea & Arsenal/Liverpool winners draw each other in 6th round. Semi final line up Brighton v Swansea and Liverpool v Southampton.......Brighton v Southampton final.

I'm trying not to get carried away but it's not that hard to imagine this scenario. Probably lose to Hull but for the next three weeks we can imagine it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think they may have changed the rules this season to prevent the fa cup runners up from being able to get a euro spot if the winners have already qualified.

That rule doesn't come into effect until the 2015/16 season.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
It's destiny - it's in the stars. We are going to achieve the words of GOSBTS.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Does anybody else feel oddly enthused by the performances of the fringe players in the FA Cup games so far?

I'm not sure why, perhaps it's just a sense of wanting the players who don't always get a chance to do well, or something about watching younger players of our own come through, but I really get the sense the crowd have got behind the team at both cup games. I thought the away contingent made some good noise yesterday, even immediately after Vale scored, and it was just great to be a part of. I like to think those players who aren't regulars really appreciate the opportunity, it seems to mean a lot to them, and perhaps consequently it's easier to identify with them and support them.

Imagine if we ever actually started to produce a crop of great young players, along Southampton lines? The new training facilities will help, even if it takes a few years to reap the benefits. We can only hope the coaching teams live up to the facilities. It would be fantastic to support a team stuffed with talented local players. We can hope eh?

In the meantime, I'd like to think Oscar would continue to give the fringe lads a chance even against Hull, and everyone gets the chance to enjoy their performances again.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
What sort of financial benefit will qualifying for Europe make? Anything like making it to the PL?

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012

No, you want Liverpool in the final as they will qualify for Europe!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here