[Official Site] U18: Charlton 1 Albion 2

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
tighe-l229-1226079_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
16:00 26th January 2014
by James Hilsum
I thought the boys were excellent. What pleased me most was they had a toughness about them today. "
Simon Rusk
CHARLTON 1

ALBION
Tighe 30, 65
Simon Rusk was delighted with his side’s display, as Connor Tighe’s brace helped Albion’s under-18s to a 2-1 victory over Charlton.The visitors took the lead on the half-hour mark as Tighe slotted home from close range after meeting Jimmy Muitt’s ball into the box, before he finished well again at the back post after a free-flowing move in the 65th minute.
Rusk told seagulls.co.uk, “I thought the boys were excellent. What pleased me most was they had a toughness about them today.
“When you go to somewhere like Charlton, it’s always going to be tough to compete as they’ve got good individuals and pace all over the pitch.
“They got down the right-hand side a few times in the first 20 minutes and we rode our luck.
“But I found out the boys are willing to roll up their sleeves and do the ugly side of football. We ended up scoring two, but could have scored three or four fantastic goals.
The couple of games beforehand we’ve had more final third opportunities than the opposition, but haven’t tested the goalkeeper enough. Today we looked like a team that could score goals.”
The Seagulls could have made the victory more emphatic, as Tighe went close with a volley and Jamie Horncastle's header from a set-piece was adjudged not to have crossed the line.
In contrast the hosts rarely tested Ollie Wray, but the Albion shot-stopper had to be alert to deny Charlton from a one-on-one opportunity in the first half.
However, the Addicks managed to net a consolation goal a minute from time, after they cut inside the Albion defence and fired home past Wray.
Albion: Wray (GK); Courtney, Horncastle, Barclay, Barnett; Collar (Meyers 88), Tighe, Wiltshire, Davis (Maguire-Drew 65); Muitt, Mar-Larusson. Subs not used: Colquhoun (GK), Pring, Tilley.
Albion v Doncaster at the Amex on February 8th, 3pm kick off. Tickets available online, at the Amex Ticket Office or via the telephone on 08443271901.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here