Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Obika Salutes Tremendous Mentality

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
obika-l229-1317086_478x359.jpg

Obika salutes the Albion fans after scoring his first goal for the club against Port Vale

PUBLISHED
07:17 26th January 2014
by Adam Tighe
It was a long trip and to play on a pitch we are not used to and to play with the quality that we showed tremendous mentality"
Jon Obika
Jon Obika sang the praises of his Albion team-mates following the3-1 FA Cup victory at Port Vale.The Seagulls put their name in the hat for this afternoon's fifth round draw with victory at Vale Park and the striker was impressed by the side’s professional display.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It was a long trip and to play on a pitch we are not used to and to play with the quality that we showed was tremendous.
I have only been here for three weeks but you can see that quality throughout the squad, including the players on the fringes.
“I have personally never progressed in the FA Cup before so I really wanted to express myself today and for the team to win, so it means a lot."
The on-loan Tottenham striker grabbed his first goal in Albion colours against the Valiants and admitted he has benefited from previous loan spells.
“I have been on loan a few times and that experience helps because even when you are not scoring you have to keep your mind fresh and know you will get that chance.
“It was amazing to score because as a striker you love to score goals and that is my job at the end of the day.
“I saw it was a loose kick from the keeper and Jake [Forster-Caskey] did very well. I just had to time my run, then I saw the keeper coming so I had to round him and take my time with it. You just have to make good contact and then it is definitely going in.
“I said to myself that I would run to the fans when I scored my first goal but I am just happy to contribute and also for the team to go through to the next round.”
Albion v Doncaster at the Amex on February 8th, 3pm kick off. Tickets available online, at the Amex Ticket Office or via the telephone on 08443271901.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here