Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cantorisms

The "body of a Marine, feet like a ballerina" was a classic from yesterday. There was another that made my smile just after March's goal - "that will take the sting out of their sails". Do you have any faves of his - we must acknowledge his brillliant "they think it's all over moment" heard just before every home game, .."it's the stuff of champions, it's the stuff of dreams..".

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The "body of a Marine, feet like a ballerina" was a classic from yesterday. There was another that made my smile just after March's goal - "that will take the sting out of their sails". Do you have any faves of his - we must acknowledge his brillliant "they think it's all over moment" heard just before every home game, .."it's the stuff of champions, it's the stuff of dreams..".
All I've noticed is his endless repetition of 'to be fair'!
Oh, and never saying the score.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
I'd never really listened to Warren Aspinall's comments before but apart from the odd strange comment I was quite impressed. He certainly seems to know his players- both current and potential recruits.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd never really listened to Warren Aspinall's comments before but apart from the odd strange comment I was quite impressed. He certainly seems to know his players- both current and potential recruits.

Aspinall is my favourite Albion co commentator, sounds like he's a fan, knows his football and doesn't pull his punches.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Aspinall is my favourite Albion co commentator, sounds like he's a fan, knows his football and doesn't pull his punches.

And has an incredible talent for mispronouncing the name of virtually every Albion player

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Cantorisms rarely if ever have anything to do with actually describing the match as it unfolds, for the benefit of those listening to the radio, in enough detail for them to have anything close to an approximation of a vague notion about what is actually happening on the pitch. Tiresome. I often give up and watch the BBC live match comments instead.

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Cantorisms rarely if ever have anything to do with actually describing the match as it unfolds, for the benefit of those listening to the radio, in enough detail for them to have anything close to an approximation of a vague notion about what is actually happening on the pitch. Tiresome. I often give up and watch the BBC live match comments instead.
A bit harsh,Titanic.

You've always got the crowd noise to let you know roughly what's happened in those few seconds before Johnny gets round to it... :smile:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Is there anyway I can hear that glorious piece of commentary again? Can't find it anywhere

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here