Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Oscar Hails Professional Approach

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-26jan14-ld229-1317571_478x359.jpg

Oscar Garcia interviewed at St George's Park.

PUBLISHED
13:23 26th January 2014
by Paul Camillin
For me every game is important. We're wearing the shirt, playing for our fans and we must go out to win every game"
Oscar Garcia
Oscar Garcia has hailed the attitude of his team, after they produced a professional performance to overcome League One Port Vale 3-1 at Vale Park yesterday.
The Seagulls negotiated the potential banana skin and mastered the difficult weather and pitch conditions to ease past Vale and into the fifth round draw in style.
Speaking from the club's training base at St George's Park, he said, "It is never easy to play away to a team like Port Vale, with the conditions of the pitch it was very difficult to play good football - but I thought the attitude of the players was fantastic and I am very pleased with the performance of them all.
"We are using the squad. It doesn't mean that in the cup we play with one team and in the league we play with another. I wanted to have all the players prepared to play in any game and yesterday they proved they can do that.*
"For me every game is important. We're wearing the shirt, playing for our fans and we must go out to win every game."
obika-l229-1317086.jpg

Oscar says he hasn't given much thought to the fifth round draw, and says the focus now is on Tuesday's trip to Burnley.
"For the fans it will be amazing to have a Premier League team, but I don't care. We can't control the draw, we will have to see what happens.*
"We are in the middle of a run of four games away and now the focus is on Burnley. We need the players to rest as much as possible and to do this we decided to stay here at St George's Park.
"It is an amazing place, we are very comfortable. We have been training and everything has been perfect. It is very important. For us it is much better to stay here and not travel a lot."*

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here