Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Orlandi's FA Cup Wish

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
orlandi-26jan14-ld229-1317395_478x359.jpg

Andrea Orlandi being interviewed at St George's Park.

Andrea Orlandi wants a home tie, and if Albion do get paired with one of the big guns left in the FA Cup fifth round, he would relish an opportunity to face his former boss Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool at the Amex.Speaking ahead of training this morning at the National Football Centre at St George's Park, he told seagulls.co.uk, "Being selfish I would like a winnable tie, but thinking in terms of a big club, Liverpool would be great.
"Liverpool at the Amex, I would fancy that. It would be enjoyable for the fans and would give us the opportunity to see if we could do something big.
"It would be nice to play against Brendan and see some familiar faces – as he took all the staff from Swansea with him to Liverpool – but they'd be no friends on the pitch."
The winger played a key role in the 3-1 FA Cup win at Port Vale yesterday, setting up Albion's first two goals for Rohan Ince and Solly March, and hailed the professionalism in negotiating a potential banana skin.
"We could see the lightning from the dressing room and then we saw the pitch and we were not very happy. The weather was terrible and it made for a typical English cup tie.
"I have been there before with Swansea at places like Horsham and Histon, this was tougher as Port Vale are a better team, but we managed to play good football in difficult conditions and that is really positive.
"The FA Cup result is going to help us going into the Burnley match, and what has been key is that we have been able to stay together here at the national team's training base and prepare for a big game, which is great.
"The facilities are fantastic. Yesterday it would have been three or four hours on the coach home, and then you don't sleep so well. Here we have everything, we are together and it is nice just to be focused on getting ready for Tuesday."
Meanwhile the Spaniard is relishing the prospect of getting back to full match fitness after recovering from the knee problem which dogged him in the first half of the season – and has paid tribute to physio and former Albion full-back Paul Watson.
"I am feeling good at the moment. Things are working well and it is now a case of working hard, getting fitter and strengthening the knee.
"Watto has been fantastic. He has been working with Will Hoskins and me on the knee injuries, and it has been great working with him and it is nice to be able to say thank you to him.
"I know he was a great player – he sometimes joins in with the recovery sessions and he has got a great left foot. I always ask him why he never played at a higher level, because his left foot is like a magic wand, and he says it is because he wasn't quick – but he has a great touch."
The draw for the fifth round of the FA Cup takes place at approximately 5.35pm this evening and full details will be available via the club's website, official SMS service, twitter feed and Facebook page. Albion are ball number 5.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here