Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd,

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
2 shocking performances on the trot,last week 4/10.,mate said shocking for them again today,perhaps found his level,have many BHA players really gone on and found good success?????discuss away

ps have never doubted his abilty in lower leagues,and was a good servant for the club,just not good enough to oust our main players

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The play three at the back don't they? Could take him a while to settle into that formation.- it's quite different playing in that shape compared to a flat back four which is what he has played throughout his career

Dec 29, 2011
Still settling in, perhaps Bristols style of football doesn't suit him. Either way you can't deny he done a good job for us whenever he played, he won't become shit overnight.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
2 shocking performances on the trot,last week 4/10.,mate said shocking for them again today,perhaps found his level,have many BHA players really gone on and found good success?????discuss away

ps have never doubted his abilty in lower leagues,and was a good servant for the club,just not good enough to oust our main players

El-Abd - new team who are leaking goals. Give him time maybe?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
He has always been a limited footballer. In recent years he has been in a strong team and not let anybody down. In fact on occasions he has played well. Now he is in a struggling team and things are completely different. That is what he opted for. He will be benched soon. I see Dicker was on the bench for Crawley today too. We were good for El-Abd, he opted out and now has to take the consequences.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Adam has made his decision, I do wish him well. One of my fav Albion players in the modern era

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

Bobby Zee

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
El-Abd is and will prove himself to be a solid Championship defender. "Found his level" is nothing less than insulting to what he's achieved despite countless doubters down the years. Being parachuted onto a sinking ship in January is no easy task, perhaps he needs more than 180 minutes of football to learn their style and impose himself on the division. Is he going to go on a worldy dribble through eight players or ping passes 60 yards across the pitch? No, of course not. He'll just dominate in the air, smash into tackles and wind-up opponents as well as he always did. The fact such a "limited footballer" played such a key part in a ball-playing team 35+ places above Brizzle in the pyramid says a lot about how he's consistently underrated, even now, after a decade of being written off and proving people wrong.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
His speed his deceptive. He's even slower than he looks.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
finding it hard here to name any!! bobby no doubt has had some,but he flopped at spurs didnt he?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He was fully aware of his challenge going straight into a relegation battle and at this point of his career he wants to play football.

It was a good decision from him and also a brave one. If anyone is up for a fight it's El Abd and I hope he helps them to stay up.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
i suppose elliot bennett could be seemed a success

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
He's Brighton through and through and played great with us, but IMO when players like him leave they lose what they had at another club. You never know he could still do well.

Jul 7, 2003
I see Dicker was on the bench for Crawley today too.

He only signed for them on Thursday. Many players who sign late in the week often only make the bench for their first match as they've hardly had time to meet their new team mates let alone understand the style of play.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Looks like Bristol City have a real chance of relegated. Real potential of Adam playing league 2 football next year. Maybe throwing toys out if pram about lack of first team football was a bit premature?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
He's Brighton through and through and played great with us, but IMO when players like him leave they lose what they had at another club. You never know he could still do well.

I was going to post almost the same. What made El Abd tick was the BHA badge and his rapport with the fans.

I honestly think looking at his position now, that he will come to very much deeply regret leaving the club? After all, today he would have definitely been in the starting XI at Port Vale, maybe put in another whole hearted performance and knocking on Greer's door for a starting place.

We all know that he punched above his weight thanks to Gus and Oscar but perhaps he didn't realise how much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here