Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please explain FFP in very simple terms

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Good Evening to you, fellow Albion nuts,

I wonder if someone would be so good as to advise me, in words of less than two syllables, exactly what is meant by FFP. I/we hear it all the time, but, not being terribly clued up with regard to finance, I am really not sure what is involved. Is there a restriction on how much can be spent on players? Does the building of a new stadium and training centre impact on what can be spent on the team?
On a slightly different tack, though still to do with finance -how are we in so much debt, allegedly, as I am sure I saw a figure of 8 million. Is this because TB is being paid back a chunk each year. Before we started at Falmer, I am sure that I read that we needed 12.000 to break even, and of course we are well above that. Yes, there are overheads, but I assume that they knew this.
Go easy on me, as I won't understand financial clap-trap, so please keep it simple.
I thank any respondents in anticipation of their help.
Great result today - perhaps a Championship team at home in the fifth round and if we win that , then a "plum" draw in the quarter finals -at home of course!!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Don't spend too much more than you earn or you will get a slap (a fine depending on if you go up or or transfer ban if you don't)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
About 2 weeks since the last one of these try doing a search :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
F= FIFA
F= Fecking off.
P= pSupporters.

A tad poetic license but the sentiment is there!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Basically, it's a plan to keep the European elite ahead of the others. At our level it only matters if you don't go up from what I can tell...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm starting to worry about FFP, will they really impose the rules. We seem to be making sacrifices, just hope they follow through. Will be interest to see who relegated PL clubs fair

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It seems everyone is very happy to spend other people's money (a bit like Pompey fans before they crashed and burned in spectacular fashion)

Why should a chairman who has invested over ONE HUNDRED MILLION of his own money into the club, have to keep dipping into his pocket to fund further losses (especially after we have been losing money for decades already)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here