Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Port Vale player ratings

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Brez 4: Flat-footed for the goal and flapped at crosses, nearly conceding another in the process. Distribution decent

Chicksen 6: Looked good going forwards and reasonable defending. Gave away unnecessary corner for the equaliser but is improving every game.
Calde 7: Back to his marauding best on the right and led the team well.
Upson 8: Coolness personified, never put a foot wrong and possibly the best centre half we have had since the Lawrenson days.
Dunk 5: Caught out for the goal, if a little unlucky. Some strong clearances but his booking for a wild lunge brought back memories of his ability to collect cards easily

Orlandi 7: back on form, starting to link well with Chicksen
JFC 5: One excellent shot but still not imposing himself or dominating enough for my liking and can disappear.
Agustein 6: Some amazing dribbling mixed with some sloppy ball play means you're never sure what will happen next.
Ince 7: On a bog of a pitch he was a powerhouse, still lacks finesse but can only improve with experience.
March 7: Always prepared to take on the full back and tracking back more too.

Obika 3: Felt sorry for him as not the player to lead the line solo as lacks height and strength. Took the goal well but also missed another gilt edged chance

Subs
Andrews 6
Kaz 6

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Brez 4: Flat-footed for the goal and flapped at crosses, nearly conceding another in the process. Distribution decent

Chicksen 6: Looked good going forwards and reasonable defending. Gave away unnecessary corner for the equaliser but is improving every game.
Upson 8: Coolness personified, never put a foot wrong and possibly the best centre half we have had since the Lawrenson days.
Dunk 5: Caught out for the goal, if a little unlucky. Some strong clearances but his booking for a wild lunge brought back memories of his ability to collect cards easily

JFC 5: One excellent shot but still not imposing himself or dominating enough for my liking and can disappear.
Agustein 6: Some amazing dribbling mixed with some sloppy ball play means you're never sure what will happen next.
Ince 7: On a bog of a pitch he was a powerhouse, still lacks finesse but can only improve with experience.

Obika 3: Felt sorry for him as not the player to lead the line solo as lacks height and strength. Took the goal well but also missed another gilt edged chance

Subs
Andrews 6
Kaz 6

A 3 for a striker who scores a goal. Embarrassing post

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

Subs
Andrews 6
Kaz 6

Very harsh on Dunk and and particular Forster-Caskey who was my MOTM.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think people are too harsh on JFC in general. He gets given low scores for not bossing a game. I don't think he's developed enough to do that consistantly yet, he does the simple things well and usually keeps posession and that's what I'd expect from a young midfielder at this level. If he's allowed to develop then I've no doubt he'll be a top player in the future.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Why is a 3 ridiculous? I wasn't there but if you stand on a football pitch and do absolutely **** all else other than knock in a goal against a team for the league below then why do you deserve a high score?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why is a 3 ridiculous? I wasn't there but if you stand on a football pitch and do absolutely **** all else other than knock in a goal against a team for the league below then why do you deserve a high score?

Cos that is what he is paiid to do. Do it 30 times in a season and would be worth a fortune. What did Jimmy Greaves ever do other than put the ball in the net

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Subs
Andrews 6
Kaz 6

Oh good. I like to bide my time.... Did you prefer Richard Tiltman in his hay day up front then?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Calderon looked strong on a tricky surface,in a crowd of 7,200 (at £18 on the day well it was for me) what do they want ? Must have been 1,200 Albion many in good voice. :clap2:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Aspinall was quite complimentary about Obika's performance. His work rate, his holding the ball up bringing in another player to help win a corner (possibly the one that led to our first goal?).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here