Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] TWO wins from wembley

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
So I'm guessing those who are saying the semis shouldn't be at Wembley would be happy to donate any tickets they get if we reach that stage to charity?

Utterly ridiculous thing to say.

The semis should NOT be at Wembley, as it takes away some of the magic that getting to the FA Cup Final at Wembley used to offer.

You can believe this, but then be delighted to get the opportunity to see the Albion there. It'll be great if it happens, but not as great as getting to the final after a semi somewhere else.

Jan 30, 2008
Utterly ridiculous thing to say.

The semis should NOT be at Wembley, as it takes away some of the magic that getting to the FA Cup Final at Wembley used to offer.

You can believe this, but then be delighted to get the opportunity to see the Albion there. It'll be great if it happens, but not as great as getting to the final after a semi somewhere else.
JUST A PLASTIC DAY OUT, but then again we've got a few of those on board :nono:
regards
DR

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Not just 'pure greed'- SF happened on a regular basis at the Old Wembley in the 90's. My understanding when I went on a New Wembley Tour - and from what I have read, was that SF's have to be played their currently to pay off Club Wembley (or something like that) and by 2022 (?) they can move from there again.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Not just 'pure greed'- SF happened on a regular basis at the Old Wembley in the 90's. My understanding when I went on a New Wembley Tour - and from what I have read, was that SF's have to be played their currently to pay off Club Wembley (or something like that) and by 2022 (?) they can move from there again.

They'll never move them away - it's a cash cow for the FA.

I think I remember that the first time that they did it was when Arsenal played Tottenham one year - when Gazza scored that ridiculous free kick, before f***ing up his career in the final. That was when they realised that serious money could be made from it. If two North London clubs hadn't played each other in a semi one year, who knows, it may never have happened,

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
They'll never move them away - it's a cash cow for the FA.

I think I remember that the first time that they did it was when Arsenal played Tottenham one year - when Gazza scored that ridiculous free kick, before f***ing up his career in the final. That was when they realised that serious money could be made from it. If two North London clubs hadn't played each other in a semi one year, who knows, it may never have happened,

Correct. The first one played was the Spurs Arsenal game as there wasn't a neutral venue in London big enough, and travel logistics for holding it anywhere else would have been a nightmare. The other semi that year happened to be the 2 Sheffield's and they whinged and whined about the other semi being played at Wembley, so theirs was as well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here