Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Men's Down Hill Kitzbühel

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yay. I had a go at this run two years ago. That steep bit at the end I did mainly on my arse, took a tumble just after the top, and it took me a hell of a lot longer than the pros and I had to stop a few times. I have a photo of me getting ready to descend on my board from the starting hut.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
There's been many falls over the years and career ending injuries, it's a bit like the grand national, they keep trying to make the course safer but it's still the most dangerous around! As I type Puchner from Austria ends up in the nets.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
There's been many falls over the years and career ending injuries, it's a bit like the grand national, they keep trying to make the course safer but it's still the most dangerous around! As I type Puchner from Austria ends up in the nets.

The England cricket team should have been there too!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Mrs Wz did a cartwheel down there about 20 years ago, 2 weeks after we found out she was pregnant with our son. Didn't seem to do him any harm :eek:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Bode Miller destroying it.

It's Millers line they are all following, he lead a new line in training and he skiied it the best, unfortunately between split 4 and 5 he took a line too low. Reichelt followed him but skiied it better.
Didier Cuche gave miller advice, which he followed, strange Cuche didn't give his advice to his former Swiss team mates.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Downhill cheese-rolling on ice.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Just got back from Kitz last weekend. They had 2 helicopters dumping snow on the bottom section of the Streife from dawn til dusk every day and it was looking very shabby indeed despite this. Really pleased to see it went ahead, brilliant race.

The Londoner will have been mental last night!

petemcp

Sep 4, 2013
I was working in the Hahnenkamm Restaurant the year Brian Stemmle wiped out, 1989. We sat and watched the helicopter on the TV and then it flew past the window of the restaurant, very strange experience!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here