Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vinyl LP's from the 60's

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
After some advice from any vinyl collectors please.
A friend of mine has been appointed executor of a will for an older friend, John, who passed away this week.
John was in his late 60's and came from Salford, so was really into the Beatles and Pink Floyd in the 60's.
He had, in good condition, all the Beatles LP's in their original sleeves and covers, also all John Lennons solo albums when the Beatles split up.
Also a couple of Pink Floyd albums from the same era, when Syd Barrett was with them.
They need to be sold for a fair price, as do all his assets in his house.
So, the question is, where is the best place to sell them.

If anybody needs about 20 sq metres of Wickes ceramic floor tiles or some cast iron railings to fit around an extension flat roof, they are for sale too.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Popsike are meant to be useful.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Sad to hear when someone who was clearly passionate about his music has no one to pass the collection on. My boy already plays my records when I'm not around & he's only 4! If they have the time to list them individually, then I would say discogs would be the best place. The fees are less than e-bay, easy to use etc. They give you a good price guide if the album has sold on there previously as well. I hope they find a good home with a fair price.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Early original Beatles albums go for a bomb, I would imagine Floyd too,.....my brother is a fanatical vinyl collector, he uses http://eil.com,... best for buying and selling, gives very good price guidance too.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've sold a load of records on Ebay recently, mostly 70's / 80's and achieved what I think is a fair price. With records, the condition of the sleeve and vinyl is everything.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
After some advice from any vinyl collectors please.
A friend of mine has been appointed executor of a will for an older friend, John, who passed away this week.
John was in his late 60's and came from Salford, so was really into the Beatles and Pink Floyd in the 60's.
He had, in good condition, all the Beatles LP's in their original sleeves and covers, also all John Lennons solo albums when the Beatles split up.
Also a couple of Pink Floyd albums from the same era, when Syd Barrett was with them.
They need to be sold for a fair price, as do all his assets in his house.
So, the question is, where is the best place to sell them.

If anybody needs about 20 sq metres of Wickes ceramic floor tiles or some cast iron railings to fit around an extension flat roof, they are for sale too.

Take the to 'a ray of delight' in Arundel. Very fair guy who knows his stuff.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
Do your homework first, check catalogue numbers, pressing numbers and also issues, before parting with any of them. The difference of 100s of pounds could be just a matter of the catalogue number and label colour, especially on early Parlaphone records.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Do your homework first, check catalogue numbers, pressing numbers and also issues, before parting with any of them. The difference of 100s of pounds could be just a matter of the catalogue number and label colour, especially on early Parlaphone records.

This is excellent advice, try and get hold of a copy of Record Collectors Price Guide Catalogue, the definitive record bible for vinyl valuations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here