Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car mapping

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Can anyone recommend someone in the Brighton area to remap my car and also how much would you expect to pay to for it to be done

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Don't forget to get an insurance quote too

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I suggest you still have the steering wheel where you can reach it from the driver's seat - and the pedals.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sounds like a waste of money whatever it is. Plenty of ways to save on fuel consumption.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sounds like a waste of money whatever it is. Plenty of ways to save on fuel consumption.

Do what you do with toilet cisterns and put a brick in the petrol tank ..... oh no, hang on a minute.

But seriously, just thinking about how you drive can make a serious difference. Not so heavy on the accelerator, anticipatory driving etc.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Saab 9-3 aero

Is there a Saab car owners forum on t'internet?
I have often looked to these for advice on our cars and they are full of knowledgable enthusiasts who know everything there is to know about a particular model or topic.They can often point you in the right direction.
Re-mapping is a topic that is often raised.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Saab 9-3 aero

I use Bourne motors in eastbourne for my Saabs (2 real Saabs and two GM). Not sure how much tuning they do but I know they look after some Maptun tuned 900/9000s.

I've also heard that Dave at Saabflight at Hellingly is very knowledgable; my old window cleaner was a 9000 fan and he had some tuning done to his - http://www.saabflight.com/

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
There is a garage I believe behind the Goldstone in that estate than does remapping.

I'm considering getting mine done as well.

If your Saab is a petrol I'd have a look at Bluefin for a generic re map. It's done by a handset you just plug into the OBD port on the car and you can switch between map and the standard map whenever you want. No need to go to a tuners.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Not sure about in Brighton but when I had my Audi I took it to AMD tuning .....now in Essex ...... They had a rolling road for before and after assessment . Managed to eek out another 55 bhp with a remap and uprated exhaust . The remap came Ina little black box so you could switch back to standard when selling the car . This was10 years or so ago mind so technology may have moved on since then....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here