Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turn up to watch and u can get a game....(only is u are a crap pop kid)

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Seems like doncaster dont take reserve team football seriously.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25870942

One Direction's Louis Tomlinson to make Doncaster Rovers debut

Championship side Doncaster Rovers say One Direction singer Louis Tomlinson will make his debut for their reserve side in the next month.

Doncaster-born Tomlinson, 22, joined Rovers on a non-contract basis last summer.

He had to pull out of a planned appearance in September through injury.

"We are very much looking forward to Louis making his Rovers debut and I know that he can't wait either," said Rovers chief executive Gavin Baldwin.
Play media

One Direction star Louis Tomlinson injured in football tackle

Tomlinson, who has never played higher than Sunday League, will be a squad member for an "upcoming" Central League fixture.

He was unable to play in a fixture against Scunthorpe after suffering a leg injury when tackled by Aston Villa striker Gabby Agbonlahor in a Glasgow charity match in September.

"Louis has an incredibly busy schedule and we have been working hard with him to ensure we can get a date in his diary for the game," added Baldwin.

"He is lifelong Rovers supporter and he comes to watch the team whenever he can, so it will be great for him to put on his Rovers shirt and make his debut for us."

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Seems like doncaster dont take reserve team football seriously.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25870942

One Direction's Louis Tomlinson to make Doncaster Rovers debut

Championship side Doncaster Rovers say One Direction singer Louis Tomlinson will make his debut for their reserve side in the next month.

Doncaster-born Tomlinson, 22, joined Rovers on a non-contract basis last summer.

He had to pull out of a planned appearance in September through injury.

"We are very much looking forward to Louis making his Rovers debut and I know that he can't wait either," said Rovers chief executive Gavin Baldwin.
Play media

One Direction star Louis Tomlinson injured in football tackle

Tomlinson, who has never played higher than Sunday League, will be a squad member for an "upcoming" Central League fixture.

He was unable to play in a fixture against Scunthorpe after suffering a leg injury when tackled by Aston Villa striker Gabby Agbonlahor in a Glasgow charity match in September.

"Louis has an incredibly busy schedule and we have been working hard with him to ensure we can get a date in his diary for the game," added Baldwin.

"He is lifelong Rovers supporter and he comes to watch the team whenever he can, so it will be great for him to put on his Rovers shirt and make his debut for us."

Nice! I'll give the Albion a call later see when my debut is due, baring in mind it'll fit around my busy schedule

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I imagine it'll be the best attended reserves game they've ever had, although a slightly different demographic to what they usually have.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Probably that one signing will be Doncasters biggest money spinner for years. I can imagine shirt sales went through the roof and as has been said the sales for the match will be probably the biggest gate Doncaster will have seen for a long time.

If we pulled a similar stunt and it brought say 500k-1m into the club, would you complain if that was used to help get a better player in?

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Probably that one signing will be Doncasters biggest money spinner for years. I can imagine shirt sales went through the roof and as has been said the sales for the match will be probably the biggest gate Doncaster will have seen for a long time.

If we pulled a similar stunt and it brought say 500k-1m into the club, would you complain if that was used to help get a better player in?

Exactly this. Probably paid Billy Sharpe's wages for his loan spell.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here