[Official Site] Ulloa Recalls Cup Debut

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ulloa-l229-1314430_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
07:30 25th January 2014
by Adam Tighe
It ended up badly because we lost but, from a personal point of view, it’s a great memory"
Leo Ulloa
Albion are in fourth round action in the FA Cup today and*Leo Ulloa*has been reflecting on his*memorable debut*in the competition, at the same stage, a year ago.
The Argentinian headed home against Arsenal to bring the Seagulls level at 2-2 with the Premier League side, only for Theo Walcott to strike a late winner.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It ended up badly because we lost but, from a personal point of view, it’s a great memory; it was my debut at home in a Brighton shirt.
“And, being honest, it was good to score a goal, even though we didn’t get through the tie.
“The expectation for me here is a little bit higher than I thought it would be but I am happy with what I’ve experienced and how things have worked out.
“There have been lots of good things, a few bad things – but my philosophy is to keep hold of the good things and the best memories. I’m really happy here.”
ulloa-l229-633719.jpg

Ulloa will experience a different type of cup tie this weekend compared to the one he made his debut in, as the Seagulls travel to Port Vale.
“Being sincere I do not know much about them,” the striker explained. “But all teams here are hard to play against, especially when you go to their place.
“It is always tough and this will be just the same, but I have heard the pitch is big and that will be better for us.
“We need to be intense and play our football to get through.”
Meanwhile, Ulloa admitted his delight at seeing fellow strikers Craig Mackail-Smith and Will Hoskins back in training.*
“The same thing happened to me not long ago – but not for such a long time – so I am delighted for them and also for the team.
“We really need them both. They are both good strikers and we need our good players so I’m really happy to see Will and Macca back.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here