Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Player you've seen play

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Just watched Peter Shilton pick his best 11 from players he played with, (and he had quality to choose from) he picked Bryan Robson in midfield and I must say I saw him play at Wembley for England and he was outstanding. He was every where, work rate from midfield was unbelievable. Always remember that performance.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Just watched Peter Shilton pick his best 11 from players he played with, (and he had quality to choose from) he picked Bryan Robson in midfield and I must say I saw him play at Wembley for England and he was outstanding. He was every where, work rate from midfield was unbelievable. Always remember that performance.

He's up late

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I've seen Messi, Bale & Ronaldo on the same pitch but not on top form.

Scholes closely followed by Shearer for top level performances I've witnessed live.

Although Bryan Wade against Newcastle was fairly close.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Gazza was the best English player I've seen live & Gordon Banks the best Goalie.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Not one of the best players but one if the best individual performances I've ever seen was Ivan Campo for Bolton at Molineux a few years back. He was quality. Won every tackle on the edge of his box and was involved in every attacking move at the other end. Real stand out performance.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Lucky enough to have seen Zidane 3 times. Also saw Figo tear England apart in Eindhoven. Good football players.

Me too, Zidane, playing for France, stunning.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The George Best and Dennis Law demolition of Crystal Palace in the early 70s. I know it's two players but they were both pretty special.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Another vote for Gazza from me. Playing for England against Latvia I think it was, not great opposition admittedly but I've never seen one player so much better than everyone else on the pitch as that. Runners up spots for best individual performances I've seen live - David Villa playing for Valencia, Klinsmann for bayern against forest in one of the euro comps back in the late 90s when they beat forest 7-1 at the city ground and Batistuta for Fiorentina who looked the most likely to score every time he got the ball of any striker I've seen

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Obviously over the years I've seen many a world class player don the stripes, from Les Berry to John Crumplin to Doug Loft.
But apart from them I remember a hush descending over the Goldstone every time John Barnes got the ball for Liverpool in that cup replay in 91. In another F.A game Republic of Ireland hero Robbie Kean coming on for Spurs at White Hart Lane and scoring a wonder goal to give spurs an undeserved winner.
And again to the F.A cup and Carlos Tevez historic battle with Kerry Mayo in another F.A cup encounter at Upton Park in 2007

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Although it grieves me to nominate a Manure player, I must acknowledge Georgie Best as the greatest I've seen in the flesh rather than on TV. It was a close call between him and Johan Cruyff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here