Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting move against official touting

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some Spurs fans are trying to stop the use of StubHub as an official secondary marketplace for tickets, which sees tickets sold for highly inflated amounts:

http://www.change.org/stopstubhub

It is completely wrong, isn't it? By all means have an official secondary marketplace for the safe exchange of tickets but restrict the sale price to face value.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Online touting is no different to someone outside the ground flogging tickets way above face value. The law needs to be changed to prevent this happening.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Imagine the ticket touting binfest brewing since todays announcment that Prince will be playing dates in and around London in 2-3 weeks time, but no ticket have gone on sale yet.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some Spurs fans are trying to stop the use of StubHub as an official secondary marketplace for tickets, which sees tickets sold for highly inflated amounts:

http://www.change.org/stopstubhub

It is completely wrong, isn't it? By all means have an official secondary marketplace for the safe exchange of tickets but restrict the sale price to face value.

Totally agree. I think it's quite pathetic that people sell on footy or gig tickets at a profit.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Imagine the ticket touting binfest brewing since todays announcment that Prince will be playing dates in and around London in 2-3 weeks time

True. I'd imagine flights out of Heathrow for early February are changing hands for eye-watering sums.

Jul 7, 2003
They could also take on the rip-off admin fees that agencies charge on top of postage charges. My favourite is the £2.50 print at home ticket charge when you have alrready had to may an admin charge for tickets.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
There was a website launched..something like StopTout as a marketplace for people to buy and sell unwanted tickets all at face value. Unfortunately it seems to have fallen by the wayside. I picked up tickets for a few tests and ODI's at the Oval from there. Would be great to see it relaunched.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here