Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There's a fly on the ceiling what am I gonna do?

What should I do?

• Ignore the poor fella and get on with some work.

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Poke him with a stick

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Try and scare him off with a big spider

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Put him on the payroll - he's doing more work that you, you lazy fecker

Votes: 19 63.3%

• Total voters

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Not much of interest goes on in this office so, as far as excitement goes, this is as good as it gets.

There is a fly. I say it's a fly but if I had my way I'd call him a stand. Because that's all he's done for at least a week. Not much flying has occurred all the while I've been observing him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not monitoring him 24/7 but there's been little sign of movement since I first noticed him.

This fly is currently standing, unassisted, on our office ceiling. Obviously, being a fly, he's upside down and minding his own business. But as mentioned above he's not been doing much flying at all. In fact, if he was on a window sill I wouldn't have given it a seconds thought as dead flies turn up on window sills up and down the land.

But this little fella is still gripping, stubbornly, to the ceiling where he's been anchored for all this time. He must be dead if he hasn't moved, right? But can dead flies still grip on to ceiling tiles and hang upside down? Surely in his final moments he would lose grip and fall unnoticed to the floor.

Yes - it's little wonder I can't get any work done with all this going on around me. So what should I do?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No wonder Bozza moved out of Somerset.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Your mistake is thinking that the black dot up their is a fly in the first place and not part of a ceiling dwelling creature poking through from above.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
060612_fly_foot_02.jpg
This is one of the flies feet. He is an xfly.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
I'd suggest that you get in touch with UB40 & ask them to re-write their song & try for another chart triumph. :rock::rock::p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here