Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Burke

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Spoke to a contact in the West Midlands last night who has a box at St Andrews. He reckons we have tabled a formal bid for Chris Burke. Blues are resigned to losing him, he's out of contract in the summer and could be available for as little as 400k, but there are a number of clubs in the Championship also chasing him.

Also said we had shown some interest in highly rated full back Mitch Hancocks but the £1m+ asking price Blues want for him has put him out of our reach.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Id love to get Burke in.
Good Good player.

Wages an issue for sure though.

Did Forest bid for him last year.....

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Spoke to a contact in the West Midlands last night who has a box at St Andrews. He reckons we have tabled a formal bid for Chris Burke. Blues are resigned to losing him, he's out of contract in the summer and could be available for as little as 400k, but there are a number of clubs in the Championship also chasing him.

Also said we had shown some interest in highly rated full back Mitch Hancocks but the £1m+ asking price Blues want for him has put him out of our reach.

Interesting, particularly as an alternative to Conway. 30 year old, so decent business if we don't have to pay a fortune.

In a box at St Andrews? could be a contender for Birmingham City's most famous supporter.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bloody hell, is this nepotism?

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
The people will be furious with this.....

Daivd Burke's scouting network has only got as far as the next name the phonebook....!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He's a great little player. I'd be very happy if we get him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When will this rumour make the Argus back page???

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I'm sure I read recently that Burke had no intention of leaving st. Andrews as he and his family were settled and happy there.
I remember thinking what a pity as he would be an ideal replacement if Buckley does go to Sunderland

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He's always stood out as one of their better players when we've played them. I'd be pretty happy if we got him on board.

If I remember rightly he'd give us a Craig Noone-esque option. Quick but more importantly nimble and creative

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Interesting, particularly as an alternative to Conway. 30 year old, so decent business if we don't have to pay a fortune.

In a box at St Andrews? could be a contender for Birmingham City's most famous supporter.

Unfortunately my contact isn't quite as famous as Lenny Henry, lovely guy though.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
If we do sign him, i'll have to apologise for verbally abusing him constantly through the second half by screaming his name loudly

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Mark McGhee was trying to sign him years ago when he was at Rangers.
If he is potentially coming then Buckley must be leaving.

Surely, an alternative to Conway?

I would be more than pleased. Always looked dangerous when he played against us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here