SUNNY SEAFORD
207/4 off 37.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Innings closed. 316

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Face saving. Don't make me laugh. Thrashed and humiliated in the only form of cricket that counts...THE ASHES....and now already 3-0 down in a meaningless one day series....ffs...the Aussies are coasting.....they're laughing at our ineptitude...they don't give a damn....they ran up a 3-0 lead in these one dayers just to show England that they are totally in charge and can switch on and off when they like....they couldn't give a monkey's fart about this game.
Has it got so bad that people have to clutch at one reasonable batting performance in a complete winter of abject misery to claim that it is face-saving?
And now Cook has the front to come out and say that he is desperate to do the one-day captaincy. Hells bloody bells, what planet is he on. He is one of the worst captains I have ever seen in International cricket. He has presided over this debacle, scored little or no runs and then gets a meaningless 40 odd in a meaningless one dayer and thinks it is putting England's cricketing world to rights.
It doesn't count Alistair. It doesn't matter. You've already completely cocked up the most important challenge in Test Cricket and humiliated a nation. Please try and retain some dignity rather than sound like a drowning man clutching at straws.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The way they've batted so far I wouldn't bet against them chasing that down.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Face saving. Don't make me laugh. Thrashed and humiliated in the only form of cricket that counts...THE ASHES....and now already 3-0 down in a meaningless one day series....ffs...the Aussies are coasting.....they're laughing at our ineptitude...they don't give a damn....they ran up a 3-0 lead in these one dayers just to show England that they are totally in charge and can switch on and off when they like....they couldn't give a monkey's fart about this game.
Has it got so bad that people have to clutch at one reasonable batting performance in a complete winter of abject misery to claim that it is face-saving?
And now Cook has the front to come out and say that he is desperate to do the one-day captaincy. Hells bloody bells, what planet is he on. He is one of the worst captains I have ever seen in International cricket. He has presided over this debacle, scored little or no runs and then gets a meaningless 40 odd in a meaningless one dayer and thinks it is putting England's cricketing world to rights.
It doesn't count Alistair. It doesn't matter. You've already completely cocked up the most important challenge in Test Cricket and humiliated a nation. Please try and retain some dignity rather than sound like a drowning man clutching at straws.

What a bundle of joy you are. Try relaxing & enjoy life? I can recommend it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Well loose.

According to Sky, every time England have scored 300+ in an ODI in Australia, we've lost :eek:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well loose.

According to Sky, every time England have scored 300+ in an ODI In Australia, we've lost :eek:

Same thing happens when we post 200 + too. However, this is a competitive total. Just need to restrict the runs in the early overs and apply some pressure. They have to score over 6 an over from the off and any constriction due to maidens and wickets should see that rise fast.

We will still loose though.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Without Screech Butt, sorry Beach Hut here I thought we should have a different sort of headline. No harm in a little optimism.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Same thing happens when we post 200 + too. However, this is a competitive total. Just need to restrict the runs in the early overs and apply some pressure. They have to score over 6 an over from the off and any constriction due to maidens and wickets should see that rise fast.

We will still loose though.

Restricting runs in the early overs is going well... 44-0 from 5 overs.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
46/1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here