Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Burke

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ashley Barnes contract negotiations (or lack of) appear to have resulted in him moving on when we would have preferred to keep him, apart from that, I have not been unhappy at our dealings since he arrived, and you can't win them all.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Do you know what his job is and how he does it? Or do you wish to sit in judgement based on your perception of results?

Listen to the Albion Roar when he came on, and your mind might be made a bit clearer.

http://albionroar.co.uk/archive.php

Seemed a reasonable question, in the circumstances. It seems the OP is asking an open question, rather than leading a witch hunt.

I expect the stake burners and pond dunkers to be along shortly though.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Do you know what his job is and how he does it? Or do you wish to sit in judgement based on your perception of results?

Listen to the Albion Roar when he came on, and your mind might be made a bit clearer.

Thanks for that, my brother was telling me what a good interview this was, and I have been meaning to listen to it.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

I would recommend anyone to listen to this to see exactly what David Burke does. I find it incredible how extensive the clubs research is when searching for players for example. Another thing that struck me was that Burke is Albion through and through.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Seemed a reasonable question, in the circumstances. It seems the OP is asking an open question, rather than leading a witch hunt.

I expect the stake burners and pond dunkers to be along shortly though.

It seemed a reasonable answer to be fair. Posted a link to an in depth interview with the very man the OP is questioning. What more do you want?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He certainly has a lot of pressure on him. But, I think he has showed that he can keep a cool head on him when other clubs around him are going mad to sign sign sign.

I trust him.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Also David Burke has been at the club since Feb 2012. Signings the club have made the last 2 years include

Tomas Kuszczak
Wayne Bridge
Bruno
Ulloa
Stephen Ward
Keith Andrews
Matthew Upson and
Craig Conway
Andrea Orlandi

Not bad for a club with a supposedly mid table budget.

And suggest incredibly difficult to judge the ins/outs of this transfer window till at least 11pm next Friday. And realistically not until the end of the season. Ass the fascinating interview on Albion Roar makes clear , then all signings at the club are made ultimately by Oscar. Its David (and Nathan etc) who research, scout, find the players and Tony Bloom who makes call on wages/fee etc. Its very much a team decision.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here