Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
waine-23jan14-ld229-1311492_478x359.jpg

Tammy Waine is anticipating a tough game against Lewes

PUBLISHED
12:08 23rd January 2014
by James Hilsum
There is only one point between us in the league table so that shows it will be a very close encounter."
Tammy Waine
Albion captain Tammy Waine is looking forward to facing former club Lewes in a Sussex derby at Withdean this Sunday, kick-off 2pm.The 35-year-old spent a season-and-a-half at the Dripping Pan and played a key part in the side’s 2011/12 promotion-winning campaign.
She told seagulls.co.uk, “I had some great times at Lewes; we won the league and remained undefeated in the process. I scored a lot of goals there and thoroughly enjoyed my time at the club.
“There is only one point between us in the league table so that shows it will be a very close encounter, but we’re always excited going into a local derby.
“Our squad has changed massively since the last time we played them [Albion winning 6-0 in the reverse fixture], so it’s going to be a much tougher game this time round.
“We will be going into the game on the back of last week’s disappointing result against Tottenham, but we showed our battling qualities in the second-half and I think we’ll take confidence from that going into Sunday.
“Personally, I’m really pleased with how I’ve been performing in games. I’ve scored nine goals and had quite a few assists as well. I’m looking sharper and enjoying playing in more of a forward role.”
As well as being first-team captain, Waine also coaches the centre of excellence under-17 side, which recently included Paula Howells before her senior debut against Spurs last week.
She added, “It is a strange feeling having coached her for half the season and then suddenly sitting alongside her in the dressing room!
“But Paula is a very talented player and if she continues to work hard and learn from experienced players like myself, then she will have a very bright future in front of her.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here