Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus after Ulloa?

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
I'm pretty sure he would go if Gus came knocking. Almost without hesitation. Certainly doesn't appear to have fallen in love with our club.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The final sentence of the news article made me laugh; viz:

"Question marks remain, however, as to whether Poyet and Brighton would be willing to put their differences aside for the sake of Sunderland’s survival bid"

As if.......... I really don't give a toss about Sunderland or their battle against relegation.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I like the way they call Ulloa a low cost alternative to Steven Fletcher, Dream on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm pretty sure he would go if Gus came knocking. Almost without hesitation. Certainly doesn't appear to have fallen in love with our club.

It crossed my mind that he may already have turned his head given the allegedly lacklustre recent performances.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I thnk we all know that any of our players would jump at the chance to join them if offered.

So it boils down, obviously, if anyone will offer an irresisable offer.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Beginning? He did that for me in May.

No chance Tony will sell our only fit non-loan striker to him unless for very, very silly money.

Even for silly money we shouldn't sell him. The thought of having no fit permanent strikers in the squad fills me with horror.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Would not surprise me if he was interested.

Would surprise me a lot if Tony Bloom sold Ulloa unless it was for a ridiculous bid. By that I mean £7million upwards.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would HAPPILY consider swapping Leo for Connor Wickham.

There, I've said it.

Wickham is much younger, quicker, and more clinical.

If there was a modest cash adjustment, in our favour, to cover Wickham's higher wages, I'm IN.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
If you were stuck with Altidore you'd want Ulloa.

If you were stuck with Altidore Barn Door Billy would be better.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It crossed my mind that he may already have turned his head given the allegedly lacklustre recent performances.

Which are these? The operative word is allegedly.
I saw him against Charlton, when he scored two goals, and looked extremely committed.
I also saw him against Birmingham and Bournemouth, neither of which were his greatest games. But this happens to all players.
I watched him on a stream against Derby and, although he was isolated and seemed frustrated at the lack of support he was receiving, he seemed pretty committed, and even got booked because he didn't feel he was getting sufficient protection from the referee, which suggests both passion and commitment. An uncommitted player would have shrugged his shoulders.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

This has also crossed my mind but I've resisted the thought on the basis that he'll need a few games to get up to speed. If true however he'd be after the job lot of Ulloa, Buckley and Bridcutt which would be absolutely taking the piss.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Explains why he has been horse shit since he came back from injury, and a right miserable sod.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here