Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maksimenko

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Going out on loan.
[MENTION=714]scott[/MENTION]Burns75: @OfficialKillie will sign Latvian international defender Vitalijs Maksimenko on loan from @OfficialBHAFC for the season. #killie #Brighton

Kilmarnock that is.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Any chance we can bring someone in?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
LB is Chicksen's spot to back-up but it does seem like we need 1 further CB even more now. Incoming?

Baird from Fulham etc. does at least bring versatility and something a little different. Good on the ball etc. and certainly experienced in Prem and loads of N.I. games

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
MUST be bringing in a CB then, you'd think. Dangerously light there now.

Down to three now, and of those, Upson says he has to 'carefully manage' an iffy knee, Greer picks up plenty of bookiings, and Dunk has barely played in a year.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Went to Yeovil in league one last year, not sure a move to Scottish Premier is a step up to be honest....!

he needs games
we may need him next season

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
MUST be bringing in a CB then, you'd think. Dangerously light there now.

Down to three now, and of those, Upson says he has to 'carefully manage' an iffy knee, Greer picks up plenty of bookiings, and Dunk has barely played in a year.

Maybe, but Ince was a CB before Oscar moved him to midfield and Calde can cover the back four.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Maybe, but Ince was a CB before Oscar moved him to midfield and Calde can cover the back four.

These were my thoughts. Better to have Maksi out playing games and getting better, plus I think AEA's departure will open some doors for Lewis Dunk and hopefully help him to develop. When he first burst on to the scene a couple of years ago he looked quality - I'm hoping when he comes back into the team he can replicate that and kick on. Upson isn't going to last forever so we really need Dunk to step up and show he can be a first teamer from next season on.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
IF Maxi goes, THEN we will have to sign a replacement for AEA, surely?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Now confirmed for the rest of the season, I reckon we must be close to signing a defender now.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Maxi Joins Killie on Loan - interesting that Burke says that his chances have been limited so far due to the form of Greer, Upson and El-Abd; suggests the club clearly see centre-back as his main position (as far as I know, he has played left-back when representing Latvia).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hope we have a recall option on the loan!

No recall options are permitted at all on half season loans ( unless we recall him by the end of next week !!! ).

If it is a 93 day loan it can be recalled after 28 days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here