Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion have more chance of qualifying for Europe this season that Manchester United .

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
The more amazing thing is players like Bardsley, Cattermole (If he stays) and Bridcutt (if he goes) will be playing in Europe next season and the likes of RvP and Rooney won't be (probably).

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
The more amazing thing is players like Bardsley, Cattermole (If he stays) and Bridcutt (if he goes) will be playing in Europe next season and the likes of RvP and Rooney won't be (probably).

The runners up don't qualify for the Europa league if the winners are already in the CL. The Euro cup place goes to the next league team.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Runners up qualify but if both teams are in Europe through their league position, the cup place goes to the next league position... I think.

That's only in the FA Cup, Capital one cup only the winners qualify for Europe, so if Man City win, the euro place goes to sixth place.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
That's only in the FA Cup, Capital one cup only the winners qualify for Europe, so if Man City win, the euro place goes to sixth place.

Ahh ok. I thought I read/heard that Sunderland had qualified but they must have got it wrong.

I got confused with it all when Cardiff/Swansea started reaching finals.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Just a reminder:

We're about 22 games from the Champions League

If Albion win (or perhaps finish runners-up in) the FA Cup this season they're in the Europa League next season
If they win the Europa League next season they go automatically into the Champions League for 2015-16 under the new UEFA qualification system

Worth giving it a go against Port Vale I'd say, although the games might get tougher after that.........

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
United chucked the game y.day, knowing City would win the final, and as they will qualify for the CL, it adds a EL spot for Utd to aim for ???

That's the silliest thing I've heard on here since ROR's last thread.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
That's the silliest thing I've heard on here since ROR's last thread.

As penalty after penalty went over the bar I was torn between, have these guys got a bet on the result v their not worth a tenth of the money they are paid.

I think they let Moyes of the hook last night, some appalling individual performances not worthy of the red shirt. (For the record I am not a Man Utd fan)

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
As penalty after penalty went over the bar I was torn between, have these guys got a bet on the result v their not worth a tenth of the money they are paid.

I think they let Moyes of the hook last night, some appalling individual performances not worthy of the red shirt. (For the record I am not a Man Utd fan)

I felt genuinely bad for Hernandez, he ran himself into the ground last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here