Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New winger gives 'glimpses' of what he can do [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]New winger gives 'glimpses' of what he can do[/h] 2:00pm Wednesday 22nd January 2014 in Albion By Brian Owen
2829981.jpg
Jeffrey Monakana
Albion fans have been told they have been given glimpses of what their club’s new signing can do.
Jeffrey Monakana, 20, enjoyed a lively introduction to life with the Seagulls when he helped the development squad beat Eastbourne Borough 1-0 in the Sussex Senior Cup on Tuesday.
The game was attended by about 300 fans at Culver Road and attracted a similar audience watching live on Youtube.
Monakana, signed recently on a development contract until the end of next season, produced a few tricky runs on both wings and went close to scoring.
Development coach Simon Ireland said: “It is always going to be difficult because he has not had that much time on the training pitch.
“He is used to playing in a 4-4-2 formation and we play in a 4-4-3.
“But I think he showed glimpses of what he is about.
“It is now for us to work on his game and his understanding, probably a little bit of fitness as well because I don’t think he has played much recently.
“There are certainly bits there that please the eye and I look forward to working with him over the forthcoming weeks.”
Read Jeffrey Monakana on his latest big decision - and Simon Ireland's assessment of*why Albion's system will suit him - in The Argus tomorrow.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here