Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hoskins

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Perhaps given he's had what 2 years basically out, people on here can wait more than 2 games before deciding he's either sh*t or the next Messi?

2 minutes would be generous for some on here!

Glad he could be back, I'm not sure how he'll compare to our recent strikers as I don't recall him having any sort of run prior to injuries (though I'm sure many will say he's better than Barnes, CMS or Leo regardless). Another striker is never a bad thing after all.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought he was a great prospect when we signed him and the little i've seen of him since hasn't dispelled that. Great news and fingers crossed

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The COGNOSCENTI know full well that Will Hoskins was coming good before being cruelly zapped by that injury. Because the cognoscenti, as always, WATCHED what they were seeing. The non-cognoscenti, on the other hand, will be playing catch-up for a while now.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I really do hope he is given plenty of time to get fit and strong before he's reintroduced to playing. Definitely don't want to or need to bring him back early.

This. Despite people taking the piss sometimes people are just genuinely unlucky with his injuries. Get in the gym working really hard for a month or so before even considering him for the first team, although I'd hope he's been spending a lot of time there anyway whilst being injured, always looked a very useful player to me just has no luck.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I'm sure there's no malice in the little jokes here and there, but it does make me a little sad reading them. The last couple of years for Hoskins serves as a reminder that whatever we as fans think of them, these guys put their bodies and livelihoods on the line for this club.

I'd like to think that all true fans would wish nothing for the best for him.

I'm sure there's no malice in the little jokes here and there, but it does make me a little sad reading them. The last couple of years for Hoskins serves as a reminder that whatever we as fans think of them, these guys put their bodies and livelihoods on the line for this club.

How would we like it if injury kept us out of job that we were quite good at and enjoyed? I echo the sentiments above and wish him the best of luck.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Of course. Everyone wishes the best for him.

I would think he needs mental strength as much as physical over the coming weeks.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Agreed. I would think he'll still need a good 2/3 months of training and d/s games before he's ready.

He and CMS have been focussed on strength training and will have done a fair amount of stamina work as part of their recuperation. I would be surprised if it took more than a couple of DS friendlies before they are ready for the bench - mid February I reckon.

Last edited:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Excellent news. Am really looking forward to seeing what he can do for us. Always thought he had great potential.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Not a player i always held in the highest regard, but very much hope he comes back and gets over this latest crushing injury to his career. Must be difficult to keep any hope inside for much of the rehabilitation process, but can only imagine the joy he'd feel to be out training, even as tenderfooted and fear of an eruption as he'll be. Good on him and all the best to keep trying.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A player whose best Albion moment came against us for Bristol Rovers at the MEM - 2 contrasting goals featuring great skill snd movement.
His goal for us at Cardiff with an instinctive strike and the one against Newcastle at the Amex highlight the extent of his skills - just a tragedy that injuries robbed us of what could, and maybe should, have been.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If he can get fit before the end of Feb and get some game time in before the end of the season no reason to suggest he can't earn a contract next season, realistically I can't see there being a whole lot of competition for his signature in the summer.

You never know, he might score 15 goals this season to blast us into an automatic spot.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope that he can come back to show the ability which persuaded us to buy him, if hr does it wil be like a new signing. Apart from the physical and medical problems that he has to overcomd are the emmotional snd family problems he had I hope that he does do this. As a side issue that rumour site says that Oldham are preparing a bid for him but I cannot see the club letting him go without first assessing whether or not he can come back to his previous form, although they could recoup the wages paid to him during his injury.

Stumpy Tim

I think he'll fit into Oscars team better than Gus's... he can play one of the two roles behind Ulloa, and he can do it well.

It's great to see him back generally anyway. Nice guy who deserves a break

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
How are three strikers going to fit in when Garcia/Jones only ever start with one up front?

Bring on the flair.

CMS - Ulloa - Hoskins

Orlandi - Crofts - Ince - Agustein

Dunk - Calderon - Upson

Kuszczak.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The COGNOSCENTI know full well that Will Hoskins was coming good before being cruelly zapped by that injury. Because the cognoscenti, as always, WATCHED what they were seeing. The non-cognoscenti, on the other hand, will be playing catch-up for a while now.

Is this the same COGNOSCENTI that called Murray "One in ten Glenn"? :smile:

In this case it seems the COGNOSCENTI have found their glasses though.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Oldham are preparing a bid for him but I cannot see the club letting him go without first assessing whether or not he can come back to his previous form, although they could recoup the wages paid to him during his injury.

That's probably up there with the biggest loads of tosh you've ever come out with BG.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here