• Peep Show

Votes: 67 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Last in these FRIENDLY matches for now. The World's Hardest Creature comp is underway so I won't run another comp alongside, but rather wait until after WHC is over to do this Comedy comp properly, with nominations and everything. Treat these are pre-WC friendlies.

father-ted_625x352.jpg

vs.
Peep-Show-006.jpg

Mark and Jeremy should stroll this IMO as Father Ted drifts too close to Mrs. Brown's Boys style comedy at times, but each to their own.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I've tried to get into Father Ted a couple of times and might give it a go again but it hasn't grabbed me yet. That said, I know a lot of people who love it.

Peep Show comes very close to Alan Partridge as being my favourite ever TV show. It's brilliant.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry but what's funny about that woman in Father Ted? She is straight from the Miranda/Mrs Brown's Boys school of broad "comedy".

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry but what's funny about that woman in Father Ted? She is straight from the Miranda/Mrs Brown's Boys school of broad "comedy".

She is ONE incidental character, with ONE repeated line / joke. The other shows you mention have their ENTIRE premise based on such a thing.

TED.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

I'll admit I probably wouldn't find her half as funny if she didn't remind me so much of my grandmother but the rest of the show more than makes up for her deficiencies

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Tuff tuff call... love them both how the hell can you choose between these two great clips.

[yt]cKaqzvzlgKU[/yt]

[yt]uCBH9V9cxbY[/yt]

ted wins by a whisker

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I like how you're fixing this so all the shit shows and good shows go up against each other at the start :lolol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Peep Show for me, just re-watched every episode, absolute quality :thumbsup:

Father Ted fan too of course.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
Peep Show edges it for me - both brilliant, mind.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Where's the option for "literally anything other than these fetid, unfunny piles of shite"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here