Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Ince gone via text.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It doesn't actually say that in the article, does it?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Former Blackpool defender Ian Evatt is full of sympathy too:

BekVTyDIYAAERlI.jpg

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Doesn't seem the nicest bloke in the world does he. What was it he said to that official, "I'll knock you out you ****ing ****" or similar?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
When you read Oyston's comments it's a bit different though.
They spoke on Sunday and Ince left the meeting with a priority to bring in fresh blood by way of players.
The next day Ince went on an FA coaching course (which Oyston said he didnt know about or at least approve) and didnt answer his phone. Nor did he or his assistants go back to the chairman with a list of targets.

Tbf I can understand Oyston beeing a bit miffed that maybe his manager was only interested in himself. In those circumstances I might just have done the same....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Msg from Karl O: "It's 0vr 4u m8 :( "

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Reading the thread title I had an image of Ince being digitised Tron-style and sent elsewhere - Portsmouth maybe - via SMS.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
When you read Oyston's comments it's a bit different though.
They spoke on Sunday and Ince left the meeting with a priority to bring in fresh blood by way of players.
The next day Ince went on an FA coaching course (which Oyston said he didnt know about or at least approve) and didnt answer his phone. Nor did he or his assistants go back to the chairman with a list of targets.

Tbf I can understand Oyston beeing a bit miffed that maybe his manager was only interested in himself. In those circumstances I might just have done the same....

Oystons view though isn't it

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If Ince was on a coaching course yesterday, why did Blackpool give him the job in the first place if he didn't have the requisite badges?

Do you know what level coaching course he was actually on then? Also, he may well have his correct qualifications and is doing an additional course! Does your employer ever send you on courses even though you are capable of doing your job. Think it is called CPD! As for Ince, I'm no fan but if he was sacked by text, which is not mentioned in the article, that's cowardly on the part of Oyston!

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Do you know what level coaching course he was actually on then? Also, he may well have his correct qualifications and is doing an additional course! Does your employer ever send you on courses even though you are capable of doing your job. Think it is called CPD! As for Ince, I'm no fan but if he was sacked by text, which is not mentioned in the article, that's cowardly on the part of Oyston!

I just find it strange that Oyston is trying to claim the moral high ground when it appears that:

a) He appointed Ince when he did not possess the full qualifications one would normally expect a football manager to already have in place when being appointed, and

b) He would have given Ince consent previously to attending the course. It's not like the course would've just been announced the day before.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Remember that according to the BBC we sacked poyet live on TV....

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I just find it strange that Oyston is trying to claim the moral high ground when it appears that:

a) He appointed Ince when he did not possess the full qualifications one would normally expect a football manager to already have in place when being appointed, and

b) He would have given Ince consent previously to attending the course. It's not like the course would've just been announced the day before.

A) is nonsense. He's held four managers job at varying clubs. He's clearly got the requisite badges. It's probably something like a refresher course or something upwards than is required.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
A) is nonsense. He's held four managers job at varying clubs. He's clearly got the requisite badges. It's probably something like a refresher course or something upwards than is required.

Not nonsense. He is working towards the UEFA Pro Licence badge, which is the one you need to manage in the top flight of any European league. Ryan Giggs is also currently working towards that qualification having got the B badge. He had some kind of dispensation when he was at Blackburn that he could get by without one for a while, but in the event, he was sacked before the period was up. He has the UEFA A and B badges and they are acceptable outside of the top flight. If I recall, he put off going for the Pro Licence after he left Blackburn all the while bemoaning the lack of coaching opportunities for fellow former black players.

Your argument will be 'well Blackpool aren't in the top flight, so what does it matter?'. Well, not as it turns out, but early on in the season, it looked possible that they could end the season as promotion contenders. He would have needed the Pro Licence badge then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here