Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comedy WARS: The Office vs. I'm Alan Partridge

Which is better?

• The Office - Brent, Keenan & co. all the way

Votes: 105 47.7%
  • Alan Partridge - I'm not talking small Toblerones, these were MEDIUM-SIZED Toblerones!

Votes: 115 52.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think I know which will win this one, but I'd be interested to see by how much.

cast.jpg

vs
p_APartridge_S1_Ep1_LARGE.jpg

Comparing The Office Seasons 1&2 (& Christmas Specials), vs. I'm Alan Partridge Seasons 1&2.

Attachments

• cast.jpg
    cast.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,121

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The office was good, but Partridge was better.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tough call. Both BRILLIANTLY observed comedy.

Both very occasionally went JUST too far, to the point where you were so embarrased for Alan / Brent, that it was slightly uncomfortable.
I voted The Office, mostly for KEITH.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've gone for The Office, I think the Christmas Special edges it. PERFECT comedy and drama writing.

Also, Brent is more likeable than Partridge. Less bitter overall.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Both were of their time and place. You wouldn't have got to 'The Office' without the existence of 'Alan Partridge'.

I would have thought there are very few people that liked one but no the other. If I had to take just one box set out of the two, it would be Partridge.

Stumpy Tim

Tough call. Both BRILLIANTLY observed comedy.

Both very occasionally went JUST too far, to the point where you were so embarrased for Alan / Brent, that it was slightly uncomfortable.
I voted The Office, mostly for KEITH.

This. The scene in The Office where they do Keith's review is the best bit of comedy I've ever seen. It still makes me laugh out loud when I watch it now

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
This. The scene in The Office where they do Keith's review is the best bit of comedy I've ever seen. It still makes me laugh out loud when I watch it now

Keith explaining to Dawn the different British/US terminology for "bum bag" made me shout with laughing, to the point that the neighbours complained.

Tough decision overall though. Got more obsessed with the Office at the time, but these days I go back to Partridge much more often (first series more than the second).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I could not vote for mr smug and unfunny. Partridge all the way.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Both were of their time and place. You wouldn't have got to 'The Office' without the existence of 'Alan Partridge'.

I would have thought there are very few people that liked one but no the other. If I had to take just one box set out of the two, it would be Partridge.

I would disagree. I don't get the appeal of Partridge/find it particularly funny (loved Cooghan's Run that came before it). Loved The Office at the time (and recently re-watched both series and the special of Extras and found it hilario)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Partridge, but The Office is also top quality.

Actually, I've misread the question. If we're comparing "I'm Alan Partridge" to The Office, then I'd go for the latter.

But "Knowing Me Knowing You" was pure genius (radio and TV) - I'd give Partridge the nod there.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
That look on Brent's face when he gets his guitar out (again) to sing to the lovesick Dawn in his office. Classic.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Both excellent - The Office hits more of us personally as many of us have had office-based jobs where some of us pretend that what we are doing is more important than it is

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
"Monkey Tennis" makes me laugh everytime i see it (just typing it made me smirk!) Comedy genius. Partridge just pips it, pm anpther day I may have voted the office.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here