Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford Away - Sold Out

shangambling1

Sep 28, 2011
Brighton
We have sold our the away allocation of 2,000 with just under 2 weeks to go. Brilliant! However Watford have refused to give us any more tickets. Convinced in the last couple of seasons our allocation was bigger... After speaking to someone at the club they've already had to turn down lots of fans trying to purchase tickets for this game... Dissapointed.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
from the football ground guide website
What Is It Like For Visiting Supporters?
Away fans are housed in the Vicarage Road Stand at one end of the ground. This stand is normally shared with home supporters (with the obligatory 'no-mans land' comprised of empty seats covered in netting in-between). Around 2,200 visiting fans can be accommodated in this area. The stand has electronic turnstiles, meaning that you have to place your ticket into a bar code reader to gain entrance. You should also then expect to be searched by the stewards on the way in.

I've always found this club friendly and the stewarding relaxed on my four visits and have never had any hassle, although at times there can be a heavy police presence around the ground and in the town centre. My only real gripe is that the size of the concourse at the back of the stand is one of the tightest that I have come across and is wholly inadequate when there is a large away following. If you manage to get to the serving hatch, then you will find on offer the usual fayre available including; Pies (including the Chicken Balti Pie) £2.70, Pasties £2.30, Sausage Rolls £1.70, Pizza Pods £2.30 and Rollover Hot Dogs £3. Adam Hodson a visiting Stockport fan adds; 'I was very impressed with the ground and the modern facilities. There was plenty of leg room in the way end and a good atmosphere. However, the concourses are very small meaning that they easily get crowded'. There is also a Ladbrokes betting outlet available.
On the first occasion that I visited Vicarage Road, I met a Watford supporter in a pub who gave me a free ticket to that night's game against Luton. I was also impressed with this chap as at the time he had visited 91 League grounds with Watford. Perhaps he was in some part my inspiration for doing the '92'.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's becasue they have reduced the size of the away stand, making half of it home fans. In the past away fans with a big following got the whole end behind the (north?) goal, now it's segregated. Might be to do with the fact the whole (east?) side of the ground is now pretty much derelict, a bit like the Goldstone was for the last few years.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This is crazy - I too can't get a ticket and vicarage will still have several thousand unsold seats. Welcome to the crazy model financial model that is football!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This is crazy - I too can't get a ticket and vicarage will still have several thousand unsold seats. Welcome to the crazy model financial model that is football!

It's purely a matter of segregation. They couldn't split the (tiny) concourse in the away end any further and as there will be some home fans there, they cannot let us have any more tickets. Hopefully one day football fans will be treated (and behave) as adults and this won't be a problem. But having been to Watford several times, they're amongst the worst for being threatening and homophobic, so unlikely to be the case there.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
It's becasue they have reduced the size of the away stand, making half of it home fans. In the past away fans with a big following got the whole end behind the (north?) goal, now it's segregated. Might be to do with the fact the whole (east?) side of the ground is now pretty much derelict, a bit like the Goldstone was for the last few years.

We had that in the FA Cup 3 years ago - shame we can't have the whole end again.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hopefully one day football fans will be treated (and behave) as adults and this won't be a problem. .

Seeing two "older" Brighton fans trying to headbut and fight each other at the final whistle last Saturday suggests we are along way off that

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
But having been to Watford several times, they're amongst the worst for being threatening and homophobic, so unlikely to be the case there.

No idea where you've got that one from.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Might have something to do with the East stand being knocked down, although it was ramshackled and only half used it has reduced the capacity whilst they rebuild it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Seeing two "older" Brighton fans trying to headbut and fight each other at the final whistle last Saturday suggests we are along way off that

One of them was moaning incessantly about Spanish Dave and the other bloke a couple of rows in front told him to give it a rest because other players were also making mistakes. One highlight of the verbal argument was "I suppose you're one of those ***** on North Stand Chat"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Due to your location you should be able to register without suspicion on their ticketing system :wink:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It's purely a matter of segregation. They couldn't split the (tiny) concourse in the away end any further and as there will be some home fans there, they cannot let us have any more tickets. Hopefully one day football fans will be treated (and behave) as adults and this won't be a problem. But having been to Watford several times, they're amongst the worst for being threatening and homophobic, so unlikely to be the case there.

Don't you worry Mr N, I'll be sorting those bumpkins out. :thumbsup:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

The East stand is currently being rebuilt (at last), although with quite a modest capacity. IMHO on completion they will have no excuse not to revert the existing away stand back to all away fans. Its not as if they are going to get capacity crowds at Vicarage Road anytime time soon, even with the new stand so surely its in their interest to encourage generate income from away fans (or is that too much like common sense?).

Unfortunately the increased capacity from the new East stand still won't do anything to improve parking in the area.............

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Due to your location you should be able to register without suspicion on their ticketing system :wink:

I should...and have such a cunning plan...but how do you know my location?!! :)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
One of them was moaning incessantly about Spanish Dave and the other bloke a couple of rows in front told him to give it a rest because other players were also making mistakes. One highlight of the verbal argument was "I suppose you're one of those ***** on North Stand Chat"

So an argument over whether they were all shit or just a couple of them? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here