Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

False Widow Spider

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
Second one of these we've found in the bedroom in the last few weeks :ohmy:. Anyone else had a problem with these and is there a way of getting rid of them? They only seem to appear when the lights go out.

Falsewidow.jpg

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Had loads of these at home over the last 5 or 6 years and I'm allergic to them so not much fun, been reasonably lucky finding where the mummy spiders have been with their babies - can of wd40 and a lighter does the trick :)

If you've found 2 in 2 weeks that's not many, think the most we've had in a day is over 20

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
Had loads of these at home over the last 5 or 6 years and I'm allergic to them so not much fun, been reasonably lucky finding where the mummy spiders have been with their babies - can of wd40 and a lighter does the trick :)

If you've found 2 in 2 weeks that's not many, think the most we've had in a day is over 20

Twenty in one day :eek: These are the most venomous spiders in the UK, are they not?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yes, but they usually cause nothing more than a little prick. And they only bite if attacked.

Or touched.

I have actually been bitten by a large common house spider when i went to remove it from the bath. I guess any spider will bite if it feels threatened.

Oct 25, 2003
one of the homeless guys i look after was bitten by one, he showed me his finger (where he was bitten) a few days after and I was almost sick (his immune system and general hygiene isn't that great to be fair). Jokes on the spider though, this guys blood is almost pure cider

upthealbion1970

NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Yes, but they usually cause nothing more than a little prick. And they only bite if attacked.

Not sure that's entirely true, those of us allergic to them know its more than a little prick tbh :lol: I've only ever been bitten in my sleep

upthealbion1970

NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Twenty in one day :eek: These are the most venomous spiders in the UK, are they not?

It's probably a few more than that tbh, we rarely go a day without seeing a few varying in size from recently hatched babies upto about 3ish inches across

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Second one of these we've found in the bedroom in the last few weeks :ohmy:. Anyone else had a problem with these and is there a way of getting rid of them? They only seem to appear when the lights go out.

View attachment 50422

Place Conkers around the house, spiders hate them. Granted, not easy to find them at this time of year.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think it's more about The Daily Mail telling everyone they're going to die so everyone's FB'ing, Tweeting like there's no tomorrow. We've had a few in our house in Arundel, as have others around the area. Must say I do kill these little blighters if I see them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

That does tend to scorch the wallpaper a bit, It's ok if you like re-enacting Aliens. You should try Raid , cleaner and neater and will bring down even a big one in about 15 seconds after it is hit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here