Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Truly appalling albums by acts/bands you like

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was listening to Palookaville by our very own Norman Cook earlier. What a pile of shite it is. Also, St Anger by Metallica is a honker. And what the **** were they thinking with the production? "Hey Lars, fancy your drums sounding like dustbins?" "yeah, always man."

Over to you

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
St Anger is unspeakably bad. Having seen the Some Kind of Monster documentary I can understand why.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
R.E.M. Great band, particularly in their early 'indier' days - Murmur, Fables, etc
Monster. Shocking 'soft rock' album

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Sort of in reverse..one of the big new reggae singers to appear for a few years, Chronixx has several very decent records out.
Saw him live last year, and he was unbelievably shit.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I bought a couple of the early Flaming Lips albums, they were awful.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A lot of its crap when you re-visit it. I couldn't believe how poor much of London 0 Hull 4 was when I put it on last night.

Love Sparks,have done since I was about eight (1975) Some of the recent albums (Gratuatuous Sax onwards) have been pure quality, and all the ones from the seventies and early 80's are as fresh today as they were then, but the ones released between us drawing 2-2 with United and losing 3-1 to Notts Co forget em, maybe its a Wembley thing?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A lot of its crap when you re-visit it. I couldn't believe how poor much of London 0 Hull 4 was when I put it on last night.

I think this is a bit different though. A lof of music is of the time and also probably fits with personal circumstances. Upon re-listening your situation might have changed and the music might also not have stood the test of time for many different reasons. The two albums I mentioned were shocking on first listen and ****ing awful now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
R.E.M. Monster. Shocking 'soft rock' album

Yeah, their attempt to move with the grungy times I guess. It had a couple of good songs, that Kenneth tune and King Of Comedy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
St Anger is unspeakably bad. Having seen the Some Kind of Monster documentary I can understand why.

True. Death Magnetic got them back on track though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I bought the Sasha album off the back of his DJing exploits. That was a mistake I can tell you.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Give out but don't give up. Sorry Bobby, Rocks was a fun Stooges ripped single but the rest of it was fairly dull. Weatherall and Patterson/Weston were truly missed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here