Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean years

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
After the sale of Ashley Barnes & Adam ELAbd plus the iminant sale of Liam bridcutt it has come to my attention How many current Albion players played at withdean.

Brezovan
Ankergrun
Greer
Calderon
Dunk (I think)
Crofts

HAVE I MISSED ANYBODY

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Aaaahh, Withdean, illegal parking just 5 minutes from the ground, the inability to buy a pint if you arrived too late and The Sportsman was full, chips, continual downpours and the away fans watching from what seemed like Shoreham!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Ah, fall out of house at 2.45, there in time for kick-off, under north stand roof, home in time for final scores and a cup of tea. Life was just grand.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Ah...withdean losing your program down into the abyss below the south stand, watching the exercise classes on night games, being able to get to your seat in less than a minute from the turnstiles and joining a queue at half time not entirely sure which van your end up at.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Sitting there in the rain, getting wetter and wetter and wetter. It would seep into every pocket, every eye-hole in your shoes until you passed beyond the point of caring. Ponchos, blue or white, costing a pound and creating a sea of plastic. Leaves fluttering down from the trees and flying insects in the warm weather. Foot-stamping on the South Stand, the scaffolding creaking and groaning. The walkway in front of the South Stand. You could see everybody coming and going. The players car-park. You could stand and watch them walk in and talk to them. It was friendly, personable and close at hand. You could associate with them. They weren't distant. The Sportsman. Carvery for £3.50ish and you could see the ground. You could watch them peel back the plastic frost covers and see thick white frost underneath and know that the game was unlikely to take place.
It had a strange charm to it. Hated by many, particularly away fans but for those of us who went regularly, it will always have that place in our hearts ( four promotions )
Cullip v Chesterfield, Bridcutt v Carlisle and the day we beat Man City will always linger but Adam Virgo's header v Swindon, when I had already left my seat and had to rush back was just amazing.
Happy Days.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't forget these GOONS... :lol:

6fj6.jpg

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Ahh Withdean.

Sitting in the snow in my suit on a freezing Tuesday night game, listening to DTG hurling witticisms at the oppo goalie, chewing my nails as the clock over the disabled section ticked down as we clung on, Forster, Jakey Robinson, Harty, bacon baguettes, the bogs, the stewards, H block, the rocketman, the screamer...

I miss it all.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Squirrels running down the touchline... or was it Nathan Jones' hair escaping.

... I don't miss it, but I'll always prefer to remember the three league title winning seasons over a lot of the dross we had to endure in the rain.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here