I was there. Cracking day.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Amazing day, but nearly had our own hillsborough in the Northstand

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
there's some turf in a Seaford garden thanks to that great day!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Despite only being 14 then, i remember their striker running out the tunnel at the start of the game and tripping over the temporary advertising boards on the pitch ! How obscure and boring is that! Great day, great season. Paid £21 for my season ticket that year!

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I was there (aged 16) with a couple of my mates , we worked our way down to the front of the North Stand at the final whistle to get onto the pitch and got crushed against the fencing for a short while.

Very scary looking back at things whilst watching the tragedy at Hillsborough unfold and realising that could quite easily have happened at the Goldstone that day.

Also remember after our celebrations on the pitch trying to exit the ground via the south east corner and being pelted with missiles by the Rovers fans. A few Rovers fans charged in at the same time as the police or stewards shut the gate, they got trapped in the ground surrounded by our fans and had the **** kicked out of them.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Despite only being 14 then, i remember their striker running out the tunnel at the start of the game and tripping over the temporary advertising boards on the pitch ! How obscure and boring is that! Great day, great season. Paid £21 for my season ticket that year!

That would have been Devon White

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I almost died that day. The crush was incredible and it is unbelieveable no one died. It was so close to a total disaster.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
I was a season ticket holder for the first time that season. Still my favourite season following the Albion.

Great clip [MENTION=12839]Goldstone Rapper[/MENTION].

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was in the East stand for that game. A great game against an up-for-it midtable Rovers. Fighting with Rovers fans outside the ground after the match.

It was a day of firsts for me.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was a season ticket holder for the first time that season. Still my favourite season following the Albion.

Great clip [MENTION=12839]Goldstone Rapper[/MENTION].
And mine.

Nelson and Bremner were an awesome front two.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I was caught up in the crush in the North Stand and it was a truly frightening experience. The rest of the day was great though.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
That was the only game I ever sat in the West Stand for. I loved that season, think I went to more games than any before or since.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I had forgotten about that,The crush was scary, my mate started to fall and would have been trampled but I managed to pull him up.

Jan 30, 2008
the gas were drinking in the Hove park tavern before the game , came past the north stand giving it the bigun and it kicked off, CAN'T REMEMBER MUCH ELSE, ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THE GAME :shrug:
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here