Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Members

Virgin TiVo boxes

0 Not allowed!
    Has anyone else got one of these and if so, does it randomly keep resetting itself?

It's a pain as you can be half way through a programme and the fecking thing cuts out for about 5 minutes!

There seems to be varying reports on the virgin message boards of causes and what virgin should be doing
    " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
    The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

• North Stand Chat

advertising

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I have one and never had that problem. In fact, touch wood, it has been fantastic.
      BAN Village Idiots
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

0 Not allowed!
      I've never had a problem with ours in a year and a half of having it.

0 Not allowed!
      No problems here either.

There is a mass of diagnostics built into these boxes, have you put in a call to them yet ?
      How soon is now???
      Past the Leisure Centre, left at the lights

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I have one and never had that problem. In fact, touch wood, it has been fantastic.
      This - so far..................
      VERY part time moderator Giraffe's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      We had a problem with ours which got progressively worse, phones them up and the man came out and replaced it very quickly. All fine now. He said quite a few boxes had struggled with a recent update or something so it may be you have the same problem.

0 Not allowed!
      Relatively new to Virgin, but all seems fine with our system.

Part of the lure from Sky was the fact that any faulty equipment would be replace FOC, regardless of its age (Murdoch's men wanted up to £250 each for two temperamental boxes), so I would give them a ring and get it sorted.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      Relatively new to Virgin, but all seems fine with our system.

Part of the lure from Sky was the fact that any faulty equipment would be replace FOC, regardless of its age (Murdoch's men wanted up to £250 each for two temperamental boxes), so I would give them a ring and get it sorted.
      Can I ask how you find Virgin compared to Sky, I currently have everything with them, TV (Sky sports no movies), Broadband (not fibre) and phone. Phoned them 2 weeks ago to see if I could blag a cheaper a package as I currently pay £87 PM and they basicly showed me the finger, so I said I wanted to cancel.

I am now in my 30 day cancellation period and have looked at other providers but have come to the conclusion that in terms of their TV package sky is better than Virgin ( like Sky Atlantic and F1 channel), but I am P'd off with there attitude, so as much as I am tempted to call them up and change my mind about cancelling I feel I should move out of principle.

How do you find they compare?? Any thoughts appreciated.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      Relatively new to Virgin
      That could be quite confusing if read out of context.
      People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by saltdeanseagull1 View Post
      Can I ask how you find Virgin compared to Sky, I currently have everything with them, TV (Sky sports no movies), Broadband (not fibre) and phone. Phoned them 2 weeks ago to see if I could blag a cheaper a package as I currently pay £87 PM and they basicly showed me the finger, so I said I wanted to cancel.

I am now in my 30 day cancellation period and have looked at other providers but have come to the conclusion that in terms of their TV package sky is better than Virgin ( like Sky Atlantic and F1 channel), but I am P'd off with there attitude, so as much as I am tempted to call them up and change my mind about cancelling I feel I should move out of principle.

How do you find they compare?? Any thoughts appreciated.
      I moved from Sky to Virgin because I got fed up arguing about call out fees when things went wrong.

I missed Sky Atlantic for a while but that was the only downside. I've had to report faults twice with Virgin - one a fault box and another slow internet speeds. They replaced the box the next day and ran new fibre for the slow internet the following week. I now have blistering fast internet and have fallen in love with my TiVO box which is made even better now they've added Netflix. I doubt I'll ever even consider going back to Sky.
      BAN Village Idiots
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."