Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR and Leeds on TV

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Date changed to allow sky TV coverage personally I don't care but how many more times will Leeds be in sky this season??,
And why are they so popular with sky??
Personally I think they like to see BIG Leeds humiliated..

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
because there are loads of DiryLeeds gloryhunters around that watch them on TV!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sigh. This again.

Leeds are on all the time because they are one of the biggest clubs in the country, in terms of support. In terms of affiliated supporters club membership, they are 4th or something.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think it is part of the deal signed by Sky and the FL , Leeds are guaranteed a minimum of 9 TV games per season. :lol:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Sigh. This again.

Leeds are on all the time because they are one of the biggest clubs in the country, in terms of support. In terms of affiliated supporters club membership, they are 4th or something.

They're a big club yes but worth noting that Albion's average home attendance is bigger than dirty leeds albeit by just a few hundred. Unimaginable 3 years ago.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They're a big club yes but worth noting that Albion's average home attendance is bigger than dirty leeds albeit by just a few hundred. Unimaginable 3 years ago.
It isn't that noteworthy though, because this is a discussion as to why Sky have chosen Leeds yet again.

Half of our fans can be found at the stadium on a match day, whereas it probably isn't an exaggeration to say that only 5% of Leeds' fan base is at Elland Road when they're at home. Sky are aware of this and tapping into that market of exiled Leeds fans.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Yes that's true but Leeds are still a much larger club in terms of fan base, outside interest and history.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
The Feb list is very weird
QPR
SAT 1st FEB QPR v Burnley
MON 10th FEB Derby v QPR
SUN 16th FEB QPR v Reading
LEEDS
SAT 8th FEB Yeovil v Leeds
SAT 22nd FEB Middlesbrough v Leeds

Then
SAT 1st MARCH QPR v LEEDS!

Seams a bit biased to me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Surely a more exciting, competitive match would have been QPR vs. Sheffield Wednesday?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Leeds fans are all over the world, our fans predominantly live in Brighton and attend home games, the number of people that actually sit at hom eand watch our games at home on Sky is going to be very very small when compared to Leeds ergo that are on all the time as their televised games recieve by far the highest viewers than other teams in the Championship.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012

Their away support average is far far higher, and they have further to travel than us overall I think.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Their away support average is far far higher, and they have further to travel than us overall I think.

Right enough, they travel in good numbers, but how can they have further to travel, they're in the middle of the country and we're on the south coast?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here