Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Pete back in goal?
Rest Upson again?
Chick back in?
Get Bridcutt cup tied?
Etc

Or play our strongest team? I imagine this game will be tougher than the Reading one

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Kuszczak

Calderon
Greer
Dunk
Chicksen

Andrews
Ince
JFC

Spanish
Ulloa
March

Win, away draw to Arsenal in round 5, generating FFP busting revenue to spend before the deadline.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Brez
Chicksen
Dunk
Greer
Calderon
Andrews
Orlandi
JFC
March
Dave
Ulloa

Subs
Koosh
Bridcutt
Upson
Bruno
Agustien
Ince
Obika

Thats a pretty decent side. Even the weakest players are solid L1 level while the better are good champonship players. Should be enough to get through if they all put a shift in.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't mind if we play a weakened side, but I do hope Orlandi and Ulloa get run outs. Both need game time IMO.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I see a few people have mentioned Obika, Is it confirmed he's available for fa cup games? I hope he is otherwise it leaves us with just Ulloa.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Difficult to pick an entire 11 without knowing injury latest.

But I would certainly give starts to Brezovan, Dunk, Chicksen, Calderon and Agustien as well as making sure Orlandi and Ulloa got some significant game time to help with their match fitness. Would be nice to see March involved as well.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Why play a weakened side, this in my opinion is our biggest game of the season (I may be the only one to think that). We are one game away from the last sixteen, a long way off I know but potentially only 3 games away from the final after this. Potentially a massive money spinner for the club and a huge publicity generator if we make the semi's or beyond.

And call me old fashioned give me a choice between winning the FA cup and Promotion I would definitely go for FA cup glory as thats an actual trophy and a major honour.

I'm none to fussed about Premier League football in fact a huge part of me would rather stay in the highly competitive and entertaining Championship where you attend matches knowing we've got a great chance of winning any contest, contrast that against going to the Etihad and settling for a 1-0 defeat to preserve your goal difference to aide your relegation fight.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I see a few people have mentioned Obika, Is it confirmed he's available for fa cup games? I hope he is otherwise it leaves us with just Ulloa.

Spurs are out so there's no reason he wouldn't be.

I'd start Agustein and suggest to him it might be nice for him to do something on a football pitch

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Round 4 and a better chance of a decent payday if we get through.
Have to go for the win first and foremost. However with Burnley away a few days later and a squad down to the bare bones it is going to be a balancing act.
I cant see fans accepting a badly weakened side with the potential of a limp exit so my team would be:

Brez Calde Greer Dunk Chicksen Bridcutt JFC Agustein Orlandi March Obika
(subs: Anks, Maksimenko, Ince, Andrews, KLL Buckley Ulloa)

Bit nervous of Brez after his last visit to Stoke in the cup .
As for Bridcutt - this is the perfect game for him no matter where his head may be!

Then at Burnley;
Kusczcak Bruno Greer Upson Ward Bridcutt Andrews Ince David Buckley Ulloa
(subs; Brez Calde Dunk Agustein Obika KLL Orlandi)

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Round 4 and a better chance of a decent payday if we get through.
Have to go for the win first and foremost. However with Burnley away a few days later and a squad down to the bare bones it is going to be a balancing act.
I cant see fans accepting a badly weakened side with the potential of a limp exit so my team would be:

Brez Calde Greer Dunk Chicksen Bridcutt JFC Agustein Orlandi March Obika
(subs: Anks, Maksimenko, Ince, Andrews, KLL Buckley Ulloa)

Then at Burnley;
Kusczcak Bruno Greer Upson Ward Bridcutt Andrews Ince David Buckley Ulloa
(subs; Brez Calde Dunk Agustein Obika KLL Orlandi)

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Brezovan
Calde
Dunk
Upson
Chicksen
Ince
Andrews
Orlandi
March
Obika
Ulloa

Subs:
Ankergren
Greer
Bruno
Lualua (if fit)
Dave
Agestien
Bridcutt

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Those of you suggesting Bridcutt, do you honestly think if he couldn't be focused for a league game, he'll be of the right mindset for a FA Cup tie against Port Vale's cloggers?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Brezovan

Calderon~Dunk~Greer~Chicksen

Agustien~Ince~Caskey

March~Ulloa~Orlandi​

= 3 points.

:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here