Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brad Potts - Carlisle Utd defender

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Apparently an unnamed Championship club have put in a bid of £350,000 for the 19 year old highly rated defender (source SSN). Could well be us, to replace AEA. Initial bid rejected!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Any reason why it might be us...

Just guessing but I expect we would have received roughly that amount from Bristol City, the player would have to understand that they were going to sit on the bench a bit and a 19 year old centre back from Carlisle probably would do, and it follows the recent homegrown targets that we seem to be interested in this season.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Brizzle City fan I know said they paid 100k for El Abd. The club that is, not him personally.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
£350,000 isn't. However you write it.

Oh really?

fig·ure (fgyr)
n.
a. A written or printed symbol representing something other than a letter, especially a number.​
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/figure

Figure 1 = £ (not a letter, represents currency)
Figure 2 = 3
Figure 3 = 5
Figure 4 = 0
Figure 5 = , (not a letter, represents a break in the number to clarify thousands)

There just happens to be more than one of figure 4.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He's a right midfielder or right back so unlikely.

Although Im sure were looking for a right back, cant see Bruno and Calderon being here next season.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Sadly I don't think we buy players from the lower divisions any more, unless for the Devt. Squad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sadly I don't think we buy players from the lower divisions any more, unless for the Devt. Squad.
I'm struggling to see where the 'sadly' fits in, is that not EXACTLY how it should be?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm struggling to see where the 'sadly' fits in, is that not EXACTLY how it should be?

No. There are (at least in theory) players in the lower division who are good enough to make it in the championship, good enou to improve championship clubs, to be that missing piece. Players that have e tools but are in the wrong system, and if they step into to the right system in a championship club could tear it up. There are also players who are good enough for the championship, but were part of a team that wasn't so went down to a division below their talents.

There are players that are ready for the championship, ready to slot right into the first team. I guess the sadly is that we are not targeting these (because of cost? Because of transfer philosophies of the types of player we want causing us to miss out?*).

(*of course we could not be targeting them because we (rightly?) don't think they will fit the team or the style we play, but that isn't a reason for 'sadly')

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here