Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dab radio

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My existing radio keeps losing the station although it is set for 104.5 for the match commentaries. It only has a thin wire aerial from the radio itself should I buy an aerial or a DAB radio? What is the advantage of spending the money on a DAB radio.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
DAB is easier to go from one station to another (outside of saved stations, I mean). I think there is a greater range of stations, too. Every DAB I've had automatically set the clock, so if there is a power cut over night, it doesn't mess with your alarm (assuming the power comes back, of course).

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
You can get Radio 5 live sports extra on a DAB radio and they've usually got FM as well.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
:FFSPuncheon
Typical Palace Know Nothing .
Match commentry is only available on the radio.

I wouldnt know as I do not live in Sussex and do not use radios. I was just trying to be helpful. WHere as your contribution was to be a ****, carry on Mug

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I wouldnt know as I do not live in Sussex and do not use radios. I was just trying to be helpful. WHere as your contribution was to be a ****, carry on Mug

So why post on something you don't know about in the first place ? Muppet.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Would I gain anything by buying a DAB radio

If you're getting it solely to listen to football every other week then no, however as others have said there's plenty of decent stations for various interests. Personally I only got 1 as its a bit of a gadget :)

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Really clever that, posting advice about something, you admit you know nothing about.
Who's the Mug. ****

I don't think Radio Sussex broadcast in DAB - if they do I can't get in TN6 though FM signal is fine. Can't get Heart in DAB thank goodness as I can then claim in all honestly that the radio in the kitchen doesn't receive it when my daughters ask to switch to it. I do always mutter "..in DAB" under my breath so I don't tell a fib.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think Radio Sussex broadcast in DAB - if they do I can't get in TN6 though FM signal is fine. Can't get Heart in DAB thank goodness as I can then claim in all honestly that the radio in the kitchen doesn't receive it when my daughters ask to switch to it. I do always mutter "..in DAB" under my breath so I don't tell a fib.

They do. I get them on my DAB.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Unless you live in Brighton or another major south coast town I wouldn't bother and just try and deal with it.

I lived in woodingdean and bought a DAB radio. It was great, had over 40 stations.

Then I moved to Burgess Hill and all I can pick up is

Radio 1
Radio 2
Radio 3
Radio 4
Classic
Heart

I've lost everything else, even extended the aerial and can't get anything.

This problem might just be Burgess Hill specific but unless you're in a good signal strength area then you won't get anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here