Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jerome Champagne's manifesto for FIFA presidency

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Bloody hell! Some of this stuff looks interesting...

"Fifa presidential candidate Jerome Champagne has suggested introducing orange cards that would allow referees to send players to a sin-bin.

His other proposals include:

Quotas for foreign players

Implementing rugby's rule where only the captain can talk to the referee with a free-kick advanced 10 yards for any dissent

Abolishing the 'triple punishment' rule where a player who prevents a goalscoring opportunity in the penalty areas concedes a spot-kick, is sent off and also suspended

All Fifa presidential candidates taking part in live debates on television and in front of the six continental confederations

Making public the salary of the Fifa president and leading officials"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25811977

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Sadly, I suspect you're right. I'd vote for all 6 of those proposals though....

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
FAR too sensible suggestions to be in charge of FIFA. Blatter will of course announce he will run for another term as president and bribe those to vote for him.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I don't really see the point of the "triple punishment" one, but the others are good. I also wish they'd use that disappearing paint to mark where free kicks should be taken from.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
excellent ideas!
Do not think foreign quota policy would be legal within
EU common labour market.
An alternative is to phase in a positive quota for players coming through clubs
own academy.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
In a certain way, I hope Blatter gets elected again, and due to him losing his marbles because of his age, he ends up imploding on stage at a draw ceremony, talking gibberish, and standing in an ever widening puddle of piss :)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Common sense.
Well thought out ideas.
Improvements to the game.

Absolutely NO chance of being voted in. I'll certainly be raising a toast if he does though.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
excellent ideas!
Do not think foreign quota policy would be legal within
EU common labour market.
An alternative is to phase in a positive quota for players coming through clubs
own academy.

Isn't that what we have already at least for European Competitions? In order to play in the CL you need 4 players trained in the club from 16 and 8 'home grown' players overall (ie. trained in nation). It should be the same for domestic competitions as well however.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Isn't that what we have already at least for European Competitions? In order to play in the CL you need 4 players trained in the club from 16 and 8 'home grown' players overall (ie. trained in nation). It should be the same for domestic competitions as well however.

For the 25 man squad - yes. Pretty sure you need 8 homegrown players in a Premier League squad too (U21 players are exempt).

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Blatter will nick all these ideas and say they were his, get elected and then set up a working party that will report the ideas as unworkable.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Blatter will nick all these ideas and say they were his, get elected and then set up a working party that will report the ideas as unworkable.

You cynical, cynical, probably totally correct man, you.

I don't really see the point of the "triple punishment" one, but the others are good. I also wish they'd use that disappearing paint to mark where free kicks should be taken from.

..Or the weighted fabric markers used in NFL that the myriad officials to mark the spot? Some good ideas, worried he may have popped his cork to early in his campaign though.

...Gets coat.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Perhaps I should run for President.

If you can answer the following question "no", perhaps you should: Q: are you viewed by lots of people as a slimeball?

btw, my ex sister-in-law is Eric Morecambe's daughter. I thank you.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here