Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Doyle

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I'm not claiming to be ITK or that we're in talks or anything, just a thought.

A lot of my friends at Wolves have said they're is interest from the championship (mainly middlesborough) in Doyle and Wolves are happy for him to go.

Quite a similar player to Barnes but possibly better. If we could agree something in terms of wages I think he'd be a great addition. Doubt he's cost more than £1million too.

Thoughts?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Massive wages aint he?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

A lot of my friends at Wolves have said they're is interest from the championship (mainly middlesborough) in Doyle and Wolves are happy for him to go.

Quite a similar player to Barnes but possibly better. If we could agree something in terms of wages I think he'd be a great addition. Doubt he's cost more than £1million too.

Thoughts?

He's on £40,000 a week at Wolves, will be 31 in September, and has scored three goals in League 1 this season.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Thats why I said if we could agree something on wages. I think he's smart enough to realise that he's not going to get whatever wages he is on elsewhere and he's not particulary a key player for them. I think he'd come too, just would have to take a wage cut but it gives him a chance of getting back in the Ireland squad and the premier league

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole -16apps, 3 goals in League 1 is not going to get us promoted any time soon.

2. I'd expect him to join Leeds Utd and play for old manager Brian McDermott. Better fit there, I fancy.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I like Doyle, but I don't think he is as good as Barnes. A few years ago he was an excellent player, but I don't think that is the case any more. Having said that, Ward looked shocking at Wolves last season and he turned out OK, so Doyle may be worth a punt.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Under our current Fottball operation director I really cannot see us signing either;

1) A struggling Rep of Ireland international
2) A Wolves player on loan.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Thoughts?

Older
Higher wages
Worse goal ratio

No from me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Under our current Fottball operation director I really cannot see us signing either;

1) A struggling Rep of Ireland international
2) A Wolves player on loan.

Erm, shall I, or does someone else want to? Or are you :fishing:?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
His day has passed. Not even on a free thanks. Reportedly on 40k a week.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here