Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how bad is it in the dressing room at the moment?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
For anyone ITK, is it bad? Or is it just a case of us being disgracefully unlucky over the past 9 months.

Gus leaving and the overhaul of that during the off season, the obvious squad overhaul taking place right now in the middle of the season.

Is it a case of Gus men wanting out? A change in policy in regards to transfers not making potential signings see a strong future here? We haven't gone for a foreigner since Gus left, only Championship journeymen, is that going to be the way going forward and is that why some players aren't that bothered anymore?

El Abd leaving because he wants to play or because the club has changed into something he dislikes?
Grabban wanting more money or somehow something seriously wrong made it seem like Bournemouth have more of a ceiling that us?
Lack of foreign talent because we haven't found anyone suitable or because were not going down that path anymore and settling into being a mediocre Championship side?

It certainly felt to me like the players did NOT seem happy after Derby this week, not much interest in coming to clap the fans, is it just frustration with our luck of the draw at the minute or have they lost faith in the higher ups vision?

By the way, to be 7th after the trauma we've had in these past 9 months is tremendous and I have every faith in Oscar. I also think TB is absolutely THE MAN. But I thought I'd see if anyone else feels like this or it is just a case of misfortune?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think David Burke has his work cut out in managing this window. What's left in the dressing room needs to be 100% focused on BHA and not sitting in the corner grumbling.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Naylor is indicating that AEA thinks things are good:

AndyNaylorArgus: #bhafc fans feeling blue get a tonic from the infectious Adam El-Abd, Albion's departed 20-year servant, inside tomorrow's Argus.

AndyNaylorArgus: El-Abd has some interesting thoughts on Albion's chances, the mood of the dressing room and what lies ahead for him at Bristol City. #bhafc

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Don't ask people on here. Most will just guess. Who knows?

Before the Derby game we were in a great position for the circumstances the club have had this season. Then we narrowly lost away to a fellow play-off contender. We are therefore only 3 points away from a great position. Simple as that.

It's a storm in a teacup on NSC this week.

Ps, we are not settling into being a mediocre championship side, we are (and should be for a while) one of the hardest teams to play in this league. We will also strengthen the squad before the window closes in all likelihood.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think your last para sums it up.

The conspiracy theorists have got it all wrong. AEA had his own good reasons for leaving - wanting to have first team football regularly. Grabban is a wimp who couldn't face leaving the comfortableness of Bournemouth for a bigger pond. Lack of foreign talent/signings - if the right person is out there, does it matter where they come from, but who knows what will happen in the next few days. Players were not happy after Derby because they had lost after a decent run, been unlucky and were frustrated.

TB, OG et al are the men.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Naylor is indicating that AEA thinks things are good:

AndyNaylorArgus: #bhafc fans feeling blue get a tonic from the infectious Adam El-Abd, Albion's departed 20-year servant, inside tomorrow's Argus.

AndyNaylorArgus: El-Abd has some interesting thoughts on Albion's chances, the mood of the dressing room and what lies ahead for him at Bristol City. #bhafc

AEA was already quoted in an Argus piece last week that he'll miss the dressing room banter and collective spirit (or similar) so this thread really is a case of 'nothing to see here'

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We haven't gone for a foreigner since Gus left

Apsrt from Andrews (IRL), Ward (IRL), Agustien (NED)?

only Championship journeymen

Again Andrews, Ward and Agustien ALL have Premier League experience.

and is that why some players aren't that bothered anymore?

Which players are 'not bothered' then?

El Abd leaving because he wants to play or because the club has changed into something he dislikes?

The only aspect of the club Adam 'disliked' was the fact that he was stuggling to get a game (and according to some, that he felt that he was not getting a fair crack).

Grabban wanting more money or somehow something seriously wrong made it seem like Bournemouth have more of a ceiling that us?

Grabban and his agent wanted a. as much money as possible, for b. as many years as possible. End of. I don't even understand the rest of your sentence.

Lack of foreign talent because we haven't found anyone suitable or because were not going down that path anymore and settling into being a mediocre Championship side?

Yes, that's it. We've made a policy decision to try to be 'mediocre'. FFS.

It certainly felt to me like the players did NOT seem happy after Derby this week,

Do you want them to seem HAPPY immediately after LOSING!?

Load of shit.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Load of shit.

This.

OP, you've either got a negative agenda, or you've really misread the current situation. Hope it's the later, and that you can reassess, if it’s the former, you should know that trolling is not permitted on this board.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

The only aspect of the club Adam 'disliked' was the fact that he was stuggling to get a game (and according to some, that he felt that he was not getting a fair crack).

Grabban and his agent wanted a. as much money as possible, for b. as many years as possible. End of. I don't even understand the rest of your sentence.

Load of shit.

Bullseye.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
The fact we are 7th after all "the trauma" (as you put it) must mean that things in the dressing room can not be that bad at all.

Just to point out on the foreigner front: Andrews and Ward, or did you forget them?

I don't think you can really call Keith and Steve foreign imports? Wolverhampton and Bolton are hardly 'exotic' locations.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My take on the Grabban incident is him and his agent took us for a ride with the sole priority to get a better contract with Bournemouth, I believe whichever club activited the 1.1M clause would have been taken for the same ride. Its a shame it wasnt Blackpool or Middlesborough to have given him a trek up there rather than a drive along the coast.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Well it has been over a week, since our last home game, so I don't imagine it is that bad in there now. Sure the potent mix of Lynx and deep heat lingers, but I reckon it should be okay by now.

In the mean time anyone looking to sneak one out, would be better off heading for either the away dressing room, or B&Q in Worthing.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Interesting this. The ones with over 10k posts are very rude and obnoxious, why?

I'm asking the question, it's not a tough one and it's not one for such rude answers. For the record, yes Ward and Andrews, but I am pretty sure you're all aware of our prior affinity with the Spanish influx, which is what I was referring to.

Although in reference to a few points, the 'not bothered' mentality refers to that of Bridcutt, AEA leaving (which may have been for football, not due to his attitude, as has already been stated by myself) Grabban not wanting to come here and everyone saying Ulloa looks like a waste of space and needs shooting, fellow fans words not mine.

Btw, fun fact, if you don't react and respond like an absolute tosser, I suspect others won't think you are one, so quality first impression there Hans chap.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The OP implies it is a seething, mutinous black hole in our dressing room.

Whereas I suspect there is probably at worst a degree of uncertainty and frustration - this is inevitable given the departure of established players and characters like Barnes and El Abd, plus the Bridcutt situation dragging on which could be unsettling. Plus it doesn't help seeing several top players unavailable with long term injuries.

However in my experience every vacancy that occurs creates an opportunity for someone on the fringes (eg Ince and JFC) to seize their chance, or for a new signing to arrive and make a big impact (Ulloa and Upson are good examples from this time last season). The transfer window is a distraction and the sooner it is resolved and the players we are left with focus on the rest of the season, the better.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Load of shit.
Sums it up. End of thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here