• No - too expensive

Votes: 19 6.6%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm in two minds on this and I've heard a lot of fans voice similar views.

On the one hand, obviously the glory of going up, playing the big teams, seeing your team at some great grounds.

But the downside:

Season tickets will be more expensive, for less games.
Away games will be incredibly more expensive
We may lose a lot more than we win

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Wouldn't mind a season in the sun and if we managed it properly it would set us up financially to be a very competitive club at the top end of the Championship even if we were relegated straight away.

Not sure I could afford more than one mind.

It is a difficult one. I don't want to see people priced out of going to watch the Albion. Particularly those who stuck by the club through thick and thin. Some people would be priced out if we went up and I think that would be a terrible shame.

BUT

Do I want Brighton to win every match they play? Of course. So, I guess if you follow that through to its conclusion, it would mean promotion.

Equally, although I wouldn't be able to afford the Premier League prices in the long-term, I don't want the Albion to lose matches. Hence I wouldn't want us to get relegated. But relegation might be the only way I, and others, could then continue to watch them.

Its a tough one.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yes, I don't follow my team in the hope they'll not get promoted.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wouldn't mind a season in the sun and if we managed it properly it would set us up financially to be a very competitive club at the top end of the Championship even if we were relegated straight away.

Not sure I could afford more than one mind.

It is a difficult one. I don't want to see people priced out of going to watch the Albion. Particularly those who stuck by the club through thick and thin. Some people would be priced out if we went up and I think that would be a terrible shame.

BUT

Do I want Brighton to win every match they play? Of course. So, I guess if you follow that through to its conclusion, it would mean promotion.

It has nothing to do with us, it is down to the Chairman. The guy that spent over £ 100 000 000 million pounds on a state of the art top 6 Premiership / European football stadium. Why build that to play in the Championship ?, might as well have spent £ 40 000 000 on a decent Championship stadium if that were the case. I don't get it why / how fans cannot see that the whole strategy is the Premiership as soon as possible, another 10 years in the Championship and the Amex will be a White Elephant losing tens of millions of pounds a year with 10 000 paying fans. Does Bloom want this ? I doubt it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My only objective with the game these days is to have a nice day out with some friends and watch some mildly entertaining football. I am not overly bothered which division this is in to be honest but it would be bloody brilliant to get to the top-flight.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I have voted "Yes in the next five years" Do I actually care about being in the Premiership? Not really, It will be a pain for me as the games will less likely to be on a Saturday. It will be more expensive and we are more likely to lose. I hate it when we lose, and it wont make me feel better because we lose to so called better teams.

People say you get see world class players, but I don't give a hoot unless the world class players are playing for us.

The reason I have voted Yes, is because unless you trying to get promoted, what is the point of playing? I just think the getting there will be much more fun then actually being there.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yes, definitely. If prices go up too much or my financial situation changes so I can't afford to go very often then I would just go when I could, and watch non league football if I needed a football fix. I don't understand anyone who doesn't want us to get promoted. I understand people thinking they might not enjoy it as much in the Premier League, but what's the point in supporting a team if you don't want them to win?

Dec 29, 2011
Would like to go up just to see Bloom get a return on his investment, we can go down the year after almost debt free and make a proper move towards a long stay in the Premier League.

Also I don't see why promotion means ticket prices should rise

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My ultimate goal for the Albion is that we win the quadruple (extremely unlikely, I know, but one can dream!). Promotion to the PL is just one small step in that direction; it's not an end in itself for me. Personally, I'd be prepared to only go up for one season in the short term to reap the benefits of a parachute payment, which I have confidence would be invested in the playing squad (the necessary infrastructure already being in place), making it much more likely that any subsequent assault on the PL would be sustainable.

Thus, I vote for "Yes, ASAP".

I know that others would actively prefer to remain in the Championship, whether because of us being more competitive in that league (which is undoubtedly true) or because of their personal financial circumstances.

Whether we go up, stay in the Champ or get relegated, I will always remain a fan, and always dream of beating Barca in the CL final 4-0!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes - but no massive rush.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I have voted "Yes in the next five years" Do I actually care about being in the Premiership? Not really, It will be a pain for me as the games will less likely to be on a Saturday. It will be more expensive and we are more likely to lose. I hate it when we lose, and it wont make me feel better because we lose to so called better teams.

People say you get see world class players, but I don't give a hoot unless the world class players are playing for us.

The reason I have voted Yes, is because unless you trying to get promoted, what is the point of playing? I just think the getting there will be much more fun then actually being there.

I agree with a lot of this. As much as I hate to see us lose, just imagine a backs-to-the-wall performance against, say, Man City and grabbing an injury time winner from a corner. The sheer thrill of that for me would be enough to numb the pain of a 3-0 loss to Everton the week before!

That aside though, cost for me is a bit of a worry and although I'll keep mine and my son's STs as long as I can, I can't see me being able to afford the PL prices for more than a year (if we stayed up of course). And like others have said, away tickets would rise dramatically, which would almost certainly put them in the no-no bracket for me.

Even so, I'd rather get there as otherwise what's the point in playing, experience it and see what happens.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I voted ASAP , it doesn't have to be this season though , next season after Oscar has rebuilt the squad would still be OK.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I probably won't be able to justify a season ticket next season regardless, so if we do get promoted this year at least I could see every game in full as an armchair fan :shrug:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It has nothing to do with us, it is down to the Chairman. The guy that spent over £ 100 000 000 million pounds on a state of the art top 6 Premiership / European football stadium. Why build that to play in the Championship ?, might as well have spent £ 40 000 000 on a decent Championship stadium if that were the case. I don't get it why / how fans cannot see that the whole strategy is the Premiership as soon as possible, another 10 years in the Championship and the Amex will be a White Elephant losing tens of millions of pounds a year with 10 000 paying fans. Does Bloom want this ? I doubt it.

Indeed, US. But I'd add in a 'whilst remaining sustainable' after your 'Premiership as soon as possible' line.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Voted 'yes- as soon as possible' as I want my team to win as many matches as they can :thumbsup: Can't really afford to go too often as it is so expense increase will not be too much of a heavy blow although I can see for those who have season tickets it would be more of a worry maybe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here