Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lucas Jutkiewicz anyone?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
One of Ings or Vokes must be surplus now Burnley have signed Barnes!

:jester: - just in case someone thinks I'm serious.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree with this, but apparently he only turns up when the mood takes him and is very frustrating.

The trouble is he's playing in front of a half-filled library, it must be difficult to generate enthusiasm, every time he comes to The Amex he always looks the part.

Would love us to sign him, probably out of our price range though.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
'wins everything in the air but on the deck he's useless'

...the complete opposite of Barnes?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Boro supporting work colleague advises that he was very raw at first but is much improved and is developing into a really good hold-up player and one of their best. He would be surprised if Boro would sell.

TNBA

TTF

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I currently live with a Boro fan, and I asked him recently how Lucas is getting on. Apparently he does a lot of running but isn't really impressing. He reckons he doesn't have the strikers instinct but is hardworking and OK working off a big man. Not highly rated though,

Heard the same. He looked good at first and ended up as a disappointment. Not the type of striker we need.

We need a striker with guile and an instinct for goal.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Heard the same. He looked good at first and ended up as a disappointment. Not the type of striker we need.

We need a striker with guile and an instinct for goal.

Doesn't every club? As I said on another thread, those players cost ALOT of money! Or you gamble on someone like Jutkiewicz in the hope that they turn into a Zamora(then not now), Nogan, Nelson or Ward.

If you're going to talk about someone with experience then you're looking at players like Zamora(now not then!), Doyle, Leroy Lita or Jason Roberts.

What would you prefer? In fact, as a gambler, I wonder what Tony Bloom would prefer?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Doesn't every club? As I said on another thread, those players cost ALOT of money! Or you gamble on someone like Jutkiewicz in the hope that they turn into a Zamora(then not now), Nogan, Nelson or Ward.

If you're going to talk about someone with experience then you're looking at players like Zamora(now not then!), Doyle, Leroy Lita or Jason Roberts.

What would you prefer? In fact, as a gambler, I wonder what Tony Bloom would prefer?

Totally agree...I also find it interesting re the support over Emnes..has played well against us.. but has he really lived up to his reputation? Seems to have been injured a lot too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here