Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lucas Jutkiewicz anyone?

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
'@Transfer_News24: Brighton have expressed an interest in signing Middlesbrough striker Lukas Jutkiewicz. #bhafc #boro'

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think someone said on a thread elsewhere that Sky Sports are reporting the same interest.

I think this team currently needs an influx of pace. Don't think Jutkiewicz offers that.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm in favour, if only to hear Aspinall pronounce it

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I currently live with a Boro fan, and I asked him recently how Lucas is getting on. Apparently he does a lot of running but isn't really impressing. He reckons he doesn't have the strikers instinct but is hardworking and OK working off a big man. Not highly rated though,

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I currently live with a Boro fan, and I asked him recently how Lucas is getting on. Apparently he does a lot of running but isn't really impressing. He reckons he doesn't have the strikers instinct but is hardworking and OK working off a big man. Not highly rated though,

Sounds familiar

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
The issue is that we only ever play one upfront... and that will always be Ulloa when fit.

So anyone we sign is gonna have play a large amount of their football from the bench (and battle CMS for the privilage)

We are not going to sign a new 'first choice' striker.

People need to manage their expectations a bit.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I met him once about 4 years ago as he was going out with a girl I knew at Uni. He seemed like a nice bloke, although I didn't talk to him for long. Didn't mention anything about wanting to move to the Albion though?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Yay another alleged target in the media.

Much prefer it when a signing's announced outbid the blue tbh

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I agree with fruitnveg, emnes may be the better option however.....the striker we sign needs to be a replacement for barnes (which emnes could do). He's struggled at M'boro, but still only 24 with plenty of potential. Jutkiwicz is a hard worker and able to play a variety of roles. Obviously due to his size he can be a back up to Ulloa. He can also play wide and off a striker and how he isn't rapid....he's not particulary slow. He could be a good signing and wouldnt cost a lot. A bit of a risk yeah but despite his lack of goals at boro I think our style would suit him

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd rather we signed Peterborough's chief scout and Crystal Palaces academy coach.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I'd love that, only because I know one of his sisters. And she's a stunner. She'd be welcome at the Amex anytime! Upgrade on Frankie fo SHO

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here