Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sky live pause

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Guys my sky doesnt seem to want to live pause or record for some reason ,before I try and ring the clowns at sky and stay on the line for 2 hours at a cost of 5p a min ,I thought I would ask the oracle ie Nsc .Has anyone got any ideas .It is a sky + not hd
Have tried this scenario below but doesnt seem to want to know .
Try a planner re-build

1. Press services on the remote
2. Press number 4 if Sky + box or 0 if Sky + HD box
3. Highlight "Picture" so it displays in yellow/orange & press on the remote 0, 1 & then Select
4. You should now have Installer Set-Up on display, select number 7 which should be Sky + Rebuild. If Sky + HD box simply scroll left a few times until "Rebuild" displays
5. After selecting this you'll have a message on screen informing you it will stop all recordings, press select to confirm this.
6. You'll have a message on screen "House Keeping Please Wait". Your box will then go on to stand by. Leave it around 5 minutes then press the "Sky" button your remote control (try hold it for about 2 seconds) and the green light should display.

This is a standard procedure, you wont lose any saved recording and it should hopefully resolve any issues with Live Pause/Rewind.

Cheers in advance :down:

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I know its the standard answer but it worked when I had the same problem, turn your box off, leave for 30 seconds and turn back on again. It sounds to me like you have had a software update recently and that is what has caused the problem. A quick reboot fixed it

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I VERY NEARLY managed to convince a dumb girl I knew once that if you fast forwarded the NEWS on Sky+, you could find out the FUTURE.

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
I know its the standard answer but it worked when I had the same problem, turn your box off, leave for 30 seconds and turn back on again. It sounds to me like you have had a software update recently and that is what has caused the problem. A quick reboot fixed it

Do this but hold the back up button on sky box until all lights on box come on. You should then get a black screen with some text saying will take 10 mins to update. Has worked for me.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
put it in the oven on fan bake for 15 minutes , then ring said idiots and tell them you have had some sort of power surge and a big blue flash came out the back of the box......you should get a new one.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
First thing I tried turning off etc ,but does take an age to come back on ,I am talking about 15- 20 mins .Cant get on the planner and wont record either !!!! .It is a number of years old now so would sky replace it guys or is it something the mean bar stewards charge you for even though its old . Thanks

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Really Sydney .....would that work seriously or would they replace it anyway if its malfunctioning and old .

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine

This

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
It is a number of years old now so would sky replace it guys or is it something the mean bar stewards charge you for even though its old . Thanks

They will try and charge you £65 for an engineer call out. My dish got damaged in the storms just before Christmas and they tried that and then said alternatively I could pay £5 extra a month and they'd give me a new HD box and the engineer would come and sort everything out.

In the end I declined the offer, phoned back later and said I wanted to cancel (BT had a good TV, phone and broadband package on offer so I would have gone through with it) and got all the 'what a great customer you are we don't want to lose you' crap and in the end got a new HD box and engineer visit for free plus a discount on my monthly fee for the next 12 months. You might have to wait a few weeks for the engineer to get to you but if you are prepared to wait then its worth going down the route of threatening to cancel and seeing what they would be prepared to offer. Using the the number for cancellations tends to get you the Scottish call centre too!

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
The only logical explanation is that the recording mechanism on the box is knackered, but in my experience sky problems & logic don't go hand in hand.

On a sky+ box you have 2 cables from the dish to the box, 1 for watching sky and 1 for recording/live pause etc. Go to services/sky setup and you should see an option for signal test. You should see something like line 1 strength & quality and same for line 2. Check line 2 has something, if it doesn't this would suggest the cable is not connected properly or the LNB on the dish is faulty. I suspect the signal test will be fine and assuming you haven't filled up your box as suggested above, disconnect both cables on you sky box and swap them over. You'll probably find that works ok, for a while anyway. I'm having problems with both my sky boxes giving the no signal 25 error but only on 'terrestrial channels'. Swapping the cables over sorts it out for 2-3 weeks and then it returns......

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The only logical explanation is that the recording mechanism on the box is knackered, but in my experience sky problems & logic don't go hand in hand.

On a sky+ box you have 2 cables from the dish to the box, 1 for watching sky and 1 for recording/live pause etc. Go to services/sky setup and you should see an option for signal test. You should see something like line 1 strength & quality and same for line 2. Check line 2 has something, if it doesn't this would suggest the cable is not connected properly or the LNB on the dish is faulty. I suspect the signal test will be fine and assuming you haven't filled up your box as suggested above, disconnect both cables on you sky box and swap them over. You'll probably find that works ok, for a while anyway. I'm having problems with both my sky boxes giving the no signal 25 error but only on 'terrestrial channels'. Swapping the cables over sorts it out for 2-3 weeks and then it returns......

The two cables carry a live signal on each one (the box has two tuners in it). There isn't one for watching and one for recording, both tuners can do either function.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Thanks guys for all your useful posts ,much appreciated .I did bite the bullet Hiney and like Gordon Bennett said they tried to flog me an upgrade ,when I refused they put me through to the tech dept who went through various scenarios with the box to no avail ,and then after 20 mins said I think its your box ....no sh*t sherlock ! and your best to get an uprade at another £5 a month .I had in fact been looking just before at Bt so was fully armed .I said dont bother I think I may as well look at Bt ,with which they then said ....it might be worth just trying this and went through another procedure for ten mins which incidentally was bits and pieces and a bit more, of advice on here .And guess what ,the sky box was back to normal . Hmmm ???.Once again thanks guys

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Had the same thing, turned out to be the box, phoned them up and explained what was happening and then spent at least 1hr doing all these different tests whilst on the call which alas didn't work. It then came to the nitty gritty and they said I could have a replacement for £460 ... I just laughed and said they can cancel my subscription which is £110 a month ( yes I know but my sons pay £50 towards it ). The girl then said she would talk to her manager went away for 2-mins and then came back with £280. Just basically said cancel again i'll go to BT ... off she went again and almost straightaway comeback and said I could have it for free as long as I signed up for another year and they also dropped my rental by £15 a month. So yes it took time but it was worth it

Ketchy

Steve Fosters Sweat Band
May 19, 2009
Seaford
Press services button
Then 0 0 1 select
Go to planner rebuild and press green to save
The box will reboot and the pause button work

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Guys sorry but another Sky question .Just received said new sky hd box and set it all up only to find I cant get tv in the kids rooms and ours upstairs .I assumed it was because my aerial that feeds the tvs upstairs was not put into the new sky box unlike the old box ,as there was no input for the aerial to go into .So rang sky and they told me I needed an i/o or ioa link device that plugs into the sky box and then you connect your aerial (thats what I am assuming ) .These things cost about £25 ,is there somewhere I can buy these things on the high street ,and Ketchy does that sound right in your expert opinion mate

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here